Today I Want This....

Kevin B.

Big hippy
me too but obviously it would be a slammed XJ version. because reasons

I like this.

One of these days I'm going to have time and space and money for projects, and one of those projects is going to be a 1st gen 4Runner body on a slammed 2wd minitruck frame, and I'm going to weld the rear end and hoon the holy **** out of it.

The_Lobbster

Did anyone else notice the "Emergency Coffee Pot" in the second photo? :D
Not til just now, went back and looked again and see it now, that's interesting! I wish there was more pictures of the interior. For some reason I keep picturing in my mind that orange shag carpet from the 70's on the floor with some wood paneled walls and brown velvet chairs.

rholbrook

My father used to flip small twins all the time. Mostly Cessna 340, 414 and 421. He would send them to paint, interior and engine work and then have bigger turbos put on them and radar. Putting the radar and bigger turbos put them over the edge and made them easy to sell. Citations are some of the more expensive small jets to own.

The_Lobbster

That thing hasn't been registered since 2003. It will not be cheap to get back in the air.
But...but....he SAID it was flying in 2008! Whole thing seems sketchy IMO. Could be a good piece for a children’s museum or something though as a piece of play equipment?

The_Lobbster

4x4_Welder

Ok, I got some incorrect info on this. It was last sold in 2003, but was deregistered in 2013. So, it will need a new airworthiness certificate, new N number, etc. Still not cheap. Without logs it'll probably need the engines overhauled (good idea due to time sitting anyway), I'd be surprised if this thing could be flown for less that $120k.

rholbrook

I sent this to my brother who flies Gulfstreams for a living and he said if you looked it up in Wikipedia it would show a big pile of shit. He knows his shit too, last year was awarded the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award which is given to pilots by the FAA who have practiced safe flight operations continuously for 50 or more years. He has flown a lot of different planes over the years. He soloed when he was 14 and had his license at 16.