Today I Want This....

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Auto vs. manual shouldn't matter at all once you swap in the Cadillac 4.9 V8, right? ;)

Dude--how did you know? (Seriously.)

Yes, my long-term plan with the car would be to engine swap it (because, why not?) and I am complately torn about which engine I would put in--either a Series II 3800SC or the Cad 4.9L V8. I'd keep the engine essentially stock either way. The 3800's advantages are a little more peak HP (240 vs 200) and that awesome blower whine, while the 4.9's advantages are essentially identical torque (275 vs 280) but with less weight (the Fiero guys report the 4.9L V8 is actually lighter than the 3800SC thanks to Caddy's aluminum block) and a gorgeous V8 exhaust burble.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, would you look at this:

1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6660401

Already has a 3100 V6 WITH a turbo. 😁
My aunt had an 84? with the 4 banger. I always lusted after it because it looked so cool and had SPEAKERS IN THE FREAKIN HEADRESTS! I also knew absolutely zero about cars/trucks back then. My dad still bitches about changing the alternator in that car. 😂

Pike2350

I drove my dad's '87 GT auto for awhile back in college. It was a fun car...but no power steering and the thicker tires mase it kind of a PIA. Too bad he let it sit and rot away for 15 years. I always thought it was cool....a pain to get in and out of.

GT is the only way to go on those cars. In just like the looks of the longer back side windows and spoiler

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Thursty

CD532A94-4EA9-442F-8A5D-757DDF632CA4.jpeg3397C56E-C80F-45D9-8CEA-59422394B950.jpegI had a Formula just like this in the early 2000’s. It was an automatic but still fun to drive. It had a terrible time staying cool in traffic. One day a lady in a Land Rover pulled out in front of me on State Street in American Fork near the Lehi boarder. I hit the Rover square on its passenger side right between the wheels. That was the end of that car. It did it’s job though, not a scratch on me but another Fiero bit the dust. I never took a single picture of that car. Entered it once in the Lehi car show with my Dad’s ‘70 Mach 1 clone. Even parked next to the Mustang the Fiero got some looks. I’d love to get another one and put a baby ecoboost in it. 😂

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I had a Formula just like this in the early 2000’s. It was an automatic but still fun to drive. It had a terrible time staying cool in traffic. One day a lady in a Land Rover pulled out in front of me on State Street in American Fork near the Lehi boarder. I hit the Rover square on its passenger side right between the wheels. That was the end of that car. It did it’s job though, not a scratch on me but another Fiero bit the dust. I never took a single picture of that car. Entered it once in the Lehi car show with my Dad’s ‘70 Mach 1 clone. Even parked next to the Mustang the Fiero got some looks. I’d love to get another one and put a baby ecoboost in it. 😂

those are sexy Ford beasts. I’m not the biggest Mustang fan but that ‘69-70 body style is badassed.
3397c56e-c80f-45d9-8cea-59422394b950-jpeg.132717

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
Corvairs are where Don Yenko got his start. He was tired of racing fat Corvettes and losing to Cobra's. So he tuned the hell out of Corvairs and voila! The Yenko Stinger was born and he was quite successful in SCCA racing with them. But it was the Yenko Camero's that really put him on the map.

Here ya go @Stephen