Today I Want This....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
..and then ignore them, like I do. That one's pretty nice though.
My all time favorite car that I would love to own is a Renault Turbo 2:
1985-renault-r5-turbo-2-evolution.jpg

Renault-R5-Turbo-8.jpg

Just pure insanity. Take an econo box, the Renault 5, put the engine in backseat, a massive turbo on it and take it rally racing. I've driven one once for about 10 minutes and it was awesome.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, they did sell them here for many a decade. In fact, you beloved Jeep was part owned by Renault for awhile. The XJ was actually designed in France by Renault.

"beloved" Jeep is going a bit far (especially for an XJ)?

1643392149749.png

That's a "beloved" Ping Anser 4. I've had that almost as long as I've been married.

1643392240748.png

Another "beloved" item I have would be a Wilson A2000 from about 1983. Mine's not in quite this nice of shape. Has been relaced at least 5-6 times and the leather on the inside of the palm has worn out from use. Best $75 I think I've ever spent :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My all time favorite car that I would love to own is a Renault Turbo 2:
1985-renault-r5-turbo-2-evolution.jpg

Renault-R5-Turbo-8.jpg

Just pure insanity. Take an econo box, the Renault 5, put the engine in backseat, a massive turbo on it and take it rally racing. I've driven one once for about 10 minutes and it was awesome.

Different strokes obviously. I'm sure it's an animal in it's own right but I'm just not into the "look" at all.

To me, this is a "tier 1" type car.

1969-mustang-mach-1-goes-under-the-knife-comes-out-more-glorious-than-ever-156002_1.jpg

Again, different strokes. I'll take mine with a 428 CJ and a 4 speed. (I'll need a tire contract or arrangement with a local distributor)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'd take that little hot hatch over the 'stang for sure. I mean they did so well with the XJ that it just makes sense that I'd like it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Different strokes obviously. I'm sure it's an animal in it's own right but I'm just not into the "look" at all.

To me, this is a "tier 1" type car.

1969-mustang-mach-1-goes-under-the-knife-comes-out-more-glorious-than-ever-156002_1.jpg

Again, different strokes. I'll take mine with a 428 CJ and a 4 speed. (I'll need a tire contract or arrangement with a local distributor)
I mean, if you like boring and generic (geriatric?), thats the car for you! :rofl: