Tongue lock

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I know there was a discussion of trailer locks some time ago on here but I cannot seem to locate it to further the discussion. I am taking 2 RZR's to Baja in my 20' enclosed. We are staying at a secure resort in Guerrero Negro but by no means do i feel comfortable having to leave my trailer there during the race since i will be towing a flat bed during the race. I have spent a lot of time going through ideas in my and on the internet. I could not find anything close to what I had in mind.

I got together with a friend who is a fabricator and came up with this solution. I think I may need to patent it.

20171017_164017.jpg

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
put it on blocks and take the wheels. That or large obvious chains through wheel spokes if they have them.
My mom's had horse trailers stolen by hooking up just the safety chains and not the ball.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I plan on running chains through the wheels also. Truly if somebody wants to steal something they will find a way but hopefully this would make it hard enough to deter them.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I like that, looks pretty unbeatable. But yeah, if thieves want something bad enough they'll get it.

I know a guy that had his KTM stolen the night before the B1K... he was up all night chasing it down, stealing it from police custody.... and THEN racing the B1K! :eek: :rofl:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Your goal is to make your trailer the least attractive one to steal. With chains through the wheels and that chunk of hardware on the ball, you have achieved your goal. (I'd lock the safety chains together with no slack, as well)

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There was some hitch lock discussion in the thread about my flatbed being stolen/recovered. https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?112383-Stolen-flatbed-trailer

I bought a cheap parking boot in addition to another hitch lock. So far so good, I still have my trailer every time I need to use it. :D

Your lock looks nice and burly. I like it!

Thanks. That is the thread I was looking for. There is no way somebody is getting it off without using a torch or a grinder. If they are that committed to stealing it then there isn't much that can be done to prevent it.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That looks pretty beefy. I think most people would walk away from that and go for the next trailer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Looks awesome. But a torch or grinder wouldn't stop someone who really wants it. I'm thinking about putting in a concrete anchor and some chains, then I could lock mine to the driveway, but its just a deterrent. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Looks awesome. But a torch or grinder wouldn't stop someone who really wants it. I'm thinking about putting in a concrete anchor and some chains, then I could lock mine to the driveway, but its just a deterrent. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it.
Exactly, but most thieves don't carry torches and grinders with them. It should be effective for 99% of the criminals out there.