Tool boxes

OrangeSkidPlate

What kind of boxes are people running in their tow rigs? I have used weather guards for work trucks and the quality is far better than a better built box but the price is pretty sickening. I wanted a steel box because I feel like they last longer but haven't ever used one. There are a few delta boxes on ksl for under 200 bucks. Any advice or opinions?

Toad

Weatherguard hands down. I would stay with aluminum. Steel rust out. I do the kind that sit on the floor of the bed. I dont have to remove it when towing fifth wheel. The top of the bed sides dont crack. I use a tonneau cover so everything is hidden out of site.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I’ll make you a deal on a Weather Guard, I’ve got to get rid of it before I give the truck to my grandson

Attachments

• 24C6D40B-C933-43C0-AB2E-8A2BB0793169.jpeg
    24C6D40B-C933-43C0-AB2E-8A2BB0793169.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I also would shy away from steel unless you're throwing very heavy items inside of it that are going to slide around and beat up an aluminum one from the inside. I'd recommend a used weatherguard like above ^ or if you'd prefer new for that new-toolbox smell, the Husky line from Home Depot are usually about 1/2 the cost of weatherguard, but definitely aren't built as HD as the WG.

OrangeSkidPlate

@BCGPER let's talk. I have a kobalt box in my Tacoma and it is trash.....I know we beat the piss out of our WG boxes for work and I have seen them fail but I don't carry 300+ pounds of crap in my personal truck.