Tool rental?

jentzschman

Im looking to replace my steering head bearings and the linkages bearings sometime later this year but was curious is any places rent the specialty tools needed for this? From a few videos I have seen, it looks like the linkages bearings can be pressed in and out using proper sized sockets. However, its seems that the steering head bearings pretty much require specialty tools to knock out the bearings and re-seat the new ones. Hoping a shop rents them or perhaps there are some fancy tricks do doing it with out the tools. The bike is a 07 WR 450

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You are welcome to my press. I replaced steering stem bearings on my 08 YZ 450 with it. I'm guessing they are the same. I have a "special" pipe that is the same od as the stem bearing race.

jentzschman

You are welcome to my press. I replaced steering stem bearings on my 08 YZ 450 with it. I'm guessing they are the same. I have a "special" pipe that is the same od as the stem bearing race.
Sweet. Im not looking to do them just yet. Probably around September as im preparing for a road trip on the bike at the end of August and dont want to tear into it that far before.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
When I did my steering head bearings my bearing race looked okay so I left the race in and just replaced the bearing itself. Hopefully yours look good too. And yeah linkage bearings are way easy.

jentzschman

When I did my steering head bearings my bearing race looked okay so I left the race in and just replaced the bearing itself. Hopefully yours look good too. And yeah linkage bearings are way easy.
Ive heard you can leave the race in which would make it way easy. Guess if its ok i might go that route....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk