Tools that you just can't live without

ricsrx

Nice crimpers are a must if you don't want your rig to burn to the ground...
1005_icon.jpg

This cotter pin puller is VERY handy for tons of uses... It gets used as much as any other tool I have.
48518693.jpg

This one is more of a luxury than a necessity, but it saves lots of time.
SGDMRC44G.jpg
The Klein crimpers were the first tool that came to my mind, and also the Kline long shank nut drivers, now that I think about it any tool from Klein I cant live with out

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I think that's the one I have. I paid more than that, for sure, and it's one of those things you didn't know how much you needed until you get one.

Agility Customs

Vendor
Flush cuts for zip ties. Many different companies make them but I love my snap on set. The edges are a little fragile so having the lifetime warranty made it easy to justify the cost of snap ons... Anyone who doesnt use flush cuts on zip ties are dead to me. Nothing worse than getting cut open by the edge of a stupid ziptie.......

https://store.snapon.com/Pliers-Spe...and-Relieved-Head-True-Flush-Cut-P643915.aspx

Homefryy

Flush cuts for zip ties. Many different companies make them but I love my snap on set. The edges are a little fragile so having the lifetime warranty made it easy to justify the cost of snap ons... Anyone who doesnt use flush cuts on zip ties are dead to me. Nothing worse than getting cut open by the edge of a stupid ziptie.......

https://store.snapon.com/Pliers-Spe...and-Relieved-Head-True-Flush-Cut-P643915.aspx

I don't have one but at my work we use zip tie guns. You can adjust the tension on them so once you hit that tension it automatically cuts the end off flush. They work really well if you are zip tying wires because you can set the tension to make sure you don't make it too tight and start damaging the insulation.

4x4_Welder

I once had a co-worker who insisted, in words, that zip ties needed to be cut at a 45* angle about 1/4" from the lock. He said that was how his instructor said to do it. I told him everyone think he's an asshole.
That was about standard for that guy's intelligence level.
I used to use a zip tie gun when I was doing industrial systems, I'll probably get another when I get ready to rewire my F250.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I can't believe I missed this thread, cuz I am a tool whore according to my wife.:cool:

One tool that seems to have been in my hand a lot lately is my Snap-on flush cut side cutters. I HATE those nasty pointed remains that are left after cutting a tie-wrap. I used my Thomas & Betts cutter that tensions the tie-wrap before cutting the end off but I've found I prefer my flush cut side cutters more and more lately.

Mike

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I just picked up some bridge jacks for my 4 post lift and I love them, correction, I am in love with them. If you have a 4 post lift you NEED bridge jacks.

Coco

I despise using bottles of fluid to fill transfer cases and differentials...I get a lot of use out of this

Playing off of this, when I was building my buggy for the thousandth rebuild, I didn't want to fill with the bottle/funnel/hose/spill game. I went to Harbor Freight for cut off discs and flap discs, and also picked up a hand operated transfer pump. So much easier, and made changing the supercharger oil on the old engine really easy.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Throw your damn sharpie markers away! They suck! They dry out, can't write on anything dirty or oily, and they will never be as awesome as... INKZALL!!!

Seriously, these are way better than Sharpie markers for writing on metal that is dirty or oil stained.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Throw your damn sharpie markers away! They suck! They dry out, can't write on anything dirty or oily, and they will never be as awesome as... INKZALL!!!

Seriously, these are way better than Sharpie markers for writing on metal that is dirty or oil stained.

Yes! I bought a couple of these and they are awesome.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME

I have about ten thousand of those things and can never find one.