top gear on the history channel.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
350 million people across the world watch top gear every week. why would you take the most popular tv show on the planet and try to make it any better.

i watch the original on bbc america every week. they are no longer running last seasons episodes. they are fresh and up to date. maybe put it on a channel every body gets and it will get more than just a cult fallowing here in the states.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I hope it fails majorly. I HATE American TV. Its over the top and just garbage. Everything has to be cool, and we have to know just how cool it is. As a loyal Top Gear fan, I will not be watching the American version.

Silly Willy

i find it funny that they do this. Last time the BBC's top gear came to america they were under Strict rules (to even get a visa to be here) that the show could not be "entertaining", it had to be a Documentary (Due to a previous time in the USA when they did some very interesting and funny things that got them in trouble [made fun of NASCAR and such])

Then they come out with an american version that states "Top Gear now brings its high-adrenaline action entertainment to America."

When they were strictly told they could do no such thing when they were here last.

<End of Rant.>

Coco

I won't be watching it on history. I watch it on BBC America. Like i always have. It is a great show, and I love it.

It's very simple, you can't replace a classic.

It's gonna suck.

On a might-be-related note, I was driving in North Dallas two days ago and a yellow ZR1 Corvette passed me with a Texas plate that read "STIG".

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
i find it funny that they do this. Last time the BBC's top gear came to america they were under Strict rules (to even get a visa to be here) that the show could not be "entertaining", it had to be a Documentary (Due to a previous time in the USA when they did some very interesting and funny things that got them in trouble [made fun of NASCAR and such])

Then they come out with an american version that states "Top Gear now brings its high-adrenaline action entertainment to America."

When they were strictly told they could do no such thing when they were here last.

<End of Rant.>

Because it's done by Americans. Only thing they are using is the Top Gear name. Just from the trailer I've seen, It's 3 "guys" doing a "Man's" show on cars. Tire smoke and everything is over the top "cool". One guy actually said it was cool to be driving exotic sports cars......and they aren't his!!! Who care. And they are testing cars I already know about. I rather have someone that has been testing cars for over 25 year. Cough. Jeremy. Just like all the other shows America has stole. American Idol, The Office, America's got Talent, and so on.

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I'll give it a shot. I'm not expecting anything nearly as good as Top Gear though. It's the British wit that makes Top Gear what it is (the best show on TV).

Coco

I find it funny they couldn't even make there own logo, or come up with there own name.... It is pretty pathetic

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i listened to an interview with adam ferrara (or what ever his name is) this morning. apearantly it is the same producers, and they are pretty free with the budget and restrictions. as in, spend what you want and forget safety, just make it entertaining. they have fillmed 10 episodes and by his description of the chalenges and some of the segments of the show, i am getting pretty excited about it.

it will not replace the original. it will just help us get through the off season while the bbca shows reruns. it sounded like the seasons of each show will not overlap each other.

we will have to see. but my mind is open just a little bit more. i hope they dont have thier own stig.

Caleb

I find it funny they couldn't even make there own logo, or come up with there own name.... It is pretty pathetic
:confused: If they made a new logo and/or a new name, it's wouldn't be Top Gear now would it. :)

I agree with Braden, I'll give it a shot with very low expectations from it.