Torsion Style Sway Bars

Tebbsjeep

My brother put a Carli Suspension Torsion style sway bar on his 3500 Dodge. It had no key/alignment marks to get the arm pieces on the torsion bar in the exact same spline as the other side. In my mind, ideally you would want the bar in a neutral state(arms on exactly the same spline) at ride level. If he put the arms on lets say 1-4 splines apart from another, how bad will that affect the function of the sway bar? Bad enough to take it all apart and start over?

This is the kit:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If the splines are clocked accurately (meaning they match side to side), it's pretty easy to get the arms on in matching spots--since even just one spline off will likely be 10+ degrees of change. The exact amount depends on how many splines the swaybar has.

Tebbsjeep

I'm not sure on the spline count. I haven't seen it in person yet, so I don't know how far off it is. He called the company to ask about how to line the arms lined up, and they said to just get them close and run it. Which kind of blew me away.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
In the end it doesn't REALLY matter, as long as there's enough adjustment in the end links to keep it all "neutral" like you said.