Tow Rig info for Noobs

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
By the way working on a diesel is much different than a gas motor.
The biggest problem for most techs is that they dont know how. The fuel systems are different, they have turbos, high pressure oil pumps, etc. All of the big three diesels are very different. Replace a water pump on a cummins then replace one a d-max.

Yeah, that's true. To me it's "machines", the thinking goes the same for all of them: procedure, I mean.
and having changed both pumps, I really love Cummins for their simplicity. :D

I like the list. :D

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Personally I have to agree with Tacoma, but only because I work on my own junk. So far in the last few years since I've been able to get some experience working on my junk, I never take my vehicles to a shop. To me there is no reason why a regular guy can't pick up a manual and start reading and apply what you read to the job.

I'm also in the Air Force and everything about my job is written down somewhere and I have to know exactly what it says before I touch anything so I've gotten good at following written instructions over the past few years. Even when I do the same exact thing every day, I'm still required to read what I'm about to do before I do it.

That being said, of course diesels are different and a lot of mechanics won't touch them, I could see that as them not being certified on diesels and the legal issues that could happen if they were to work on something and something were to go wrong.

Looks like this could turn into a very comprehensive list once all the information is in place.