Tow straps

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I vaguely recall this being discussed a decade ago but my rmefu skills are lacking.
What recovery straps are people using. I have an ARB setup in the Jeep but my truck straps have walked off and I have a cheapo metal hook unit in the 4runner.
Looks like the arbs are about $70 is there a better/more cost effective strap manufacturer. Do I trust the $35 straps from Amazon or harbor freight for the occasional tug from a snow bank.

Reactions: DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’ve got a nice arb, and 2 or 3 cheaper straps. I’ve never used the arb because I don’t want to get it dirty.
Your truck was tugging on my cheaper one pretty hard the other day. I trust them.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I personally don't like putting my life or property on the line with subpar reccovery equipment. To each their own though.

ARB straps are great. They have static and kinetic. I personally like static straps and kenetic ropes. The static being for towing and the kenetic for recovery.

I have a kenetic rope from a CO company I can't recall the name of. It's good quality, but I'll replace it with a factor 55 (warn) or Yankum when it's time.

For static, I would look for something that has been load tested and is from a reputable company.

I have too much money poured into my vehicles to skimp on gear that, if it fails, has a high probability of doing damage or making the situation worse.

My $0.02

1969honda

Supporting Member
I've got a Masterpull kit with kinetic ropes and straps. Usually tow with a 20' yellow strap and shackles that I can't recall the brand on, been using it for 5-6 years without issue.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Macs straps.

I’ve been using them for years. That’s what we did all our recovery with at top truck challenge. Still using a bunch of the same straps from there

Their tie downs are the best as well

Owner used to live in Utah but setup his shop in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. Super good dood

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Macs straps.

I’ve been using them for years. That’s what we did all our recovery with at top truck challenge. Still using a bunch of the same straps from there

Their tie downs are the best as well

Owner used to live in Utah but setup his shop in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. Super good dood

Looks like Mac sells a 3" 30 foot strap good for 27k lbs for $59, so comparable to the ARB unit and supporting some USA boys.