Towing a car hauler (Jeep) with a slide-in camper

Gawynz

Good feedback, thanks guys. I recently picked up the tork lift fast gun tie downs so loading/unloading should be pretty quick. I've read quite a lot online and most folks seem to recommend having some sort of under floor support that takes ~80% of the weight to save the camper jacks and make it more stable; I can see how lowering the jacks as much as possible would go a long way in helping though. To lower the jacks as much as possible I'd have to walk around the camper with the drill lowering each weighted jack ~2" at a time a total of ~2.5', so that would really increase the loading/unloading time. Along with making the camper more stable the sawhorse style under floor supports would save me a lot of time raising it up and down, but the down side is that it's more crap to lug around.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
We wheeled Saturday through Monday. Already back home. This was our first time to EJS, so I was worried about the crowds. Surprisingly the wife had a great time and said to plan to go for longer next year. Also, really the first time we've had the scrambler on the trail. Lots to share about that, but I'll save that for a post about running the trails at EJS this year.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We wheeled Saturday through Monday. Already back home. This was our first time to EJS, so I was worried about the crowds. Surprisingly the wife had a great time and said to plan to go for longer next year. Also, really the first time we've had the scrambler on the trail. Lots to share about that, but I'll save that for a post about running the trails at EJS this year.

I saw a sweet black CJ8 coming off of Fins today. Had CO plates