toy dual case ? again.....

O'neal

?????????
Was I supposed to shave some off the shift rod? It's still binding up a little,and I didn't know if I should've done this or not,so I just put it together,it goes in and out fine until I drive,then it's a bear sometime's getting them out,I just dont wanna break something. I'm thinking maybe this is why it's binding?

Thank's...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I put together a set of Dual Cases using the Marlin adapter for friend and I don't recall having to shave or grind down anything on the shift rods. Just had to weld a little piece in to keep the one rod on the shifting pin.

I can't really think of anything else. His cases seem to shift really smooth. :confused:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You are supposed to shave off the Front of one of the Shift Rods in the rear case. If this isn't done, the Rods will hit each other when you shift.

I ground mine the amount specified, and I still think it's pretty tight. That may be your problem.....

O'neal

?????????
Originally posted by Greg
You are supposed to shave off the Front of one of the Shift Rods in the rear case. If this isn't done, the Rods will hit each other when you shift.

I ground mine the amount specified, and I still think it's pretty tight. That may be your problem.....

Yeah...that would suck if I have to tear it back apart......off I go to find my instruction sheet.

thank's