Trading a RTT for a high quality ground tent?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
^ That's my biggest beef with my 10x10 Kodiak. Love the tent, it's warm and sturdy and super solid in all sorts of weather, but it's a beast to schlep around and it's NOT easy to set up and take down, not by myself anyway. The smaller ones apparently are, but a smaller one doesn't fit my horde.

I might need a Turbo Tent.

SnwMnkys

I use the Nemo Dark Timber for car camping. Well built and gets compliments on it everywhere its set up. But it is more complicated than most the tents mentioned in this thread. Its kind of a retro throw back to the old canvas tents. You can also set up just the rainfly for use as a quick shelter.

Not my photos.

DSCF9870-2000x1333.jpg
dtb-4p_05.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
After this last trip, I'm considering selling my ARB rtt for a nice heavy duty ground tent too. Watching this thread.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
After this last trip, I'm considering selling my ARB rtt for a nice heavy duty ground tent too. Watching this thread.

Shoot me a PM with details on your ARB if / when you decide to sell it. I'm starting to look for a RTT now.
Thanks
Nate

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shoot me a PM with details on your ARB if / when you decide to sell it. I'm starting to look for a RTT now.
Thanks
Nate

Will do. It's just over a year old and only about 5 trips on it. I broke the cover zipper on the last outing (got caught in some of the material and busted in half) so I need to replace it. No big deal though, new one will slide right on.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hrrrmmm, not sure I'll be camping enough in the near future to snag this but I really enjoyed mine when I had it.

I really like sleeping in it. A lot. It's just a tad too much extra weight with all the other gear I'm pulling with my setup. Still kicking the thoughts around!

Tonkaman

Does anyone know if the Oztent distributor is still around in SLC? Their website shows it as ‘Expert Voice’ which is an internet company

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Does anyone know if the Oztent distributor is still around in SLC? Their website shows it as ‘Expert Voice’ which is an internet company

That is odd. It used to be Justin whom now owns/runs Expedition Superstore here in town. I don't believe they are an Oztent dealer. Expert voice is a pro-deal type company, so I assume they have industry pro-deals but not actual storefront or stock on Oztent.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
That is odd. It used to be Justin whom now owns/runs Expedition Superstore here in town. I don't believe they are an Oztent dealer. Expert voice is a pro-deal type company, so I assume they have industry pro-deals but not actual storefront or stock on Oztent.
My wife works for expert voice and most definitely don’t have a store front but are headquartered in SLC. And as Kurt said are a pro deal company