Traeger select smoker

Jesser04

I have a traeger select (looks like a bbq) for sale I bought it from Costco a couple years ago. It comes with a cover and a mostly full hopper of pellets nothing wrong with it I just got a new one so it needs to go. 500.00 Located in fruit heights 801 425 4896.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I spent my discretionary money on Home theater equipment or I’d be all over this. I have a small Traeger and love it! Good luck with the sale!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So this is the same as the "select pro grill" on their website minus the newest controller? Same size? I assume the controller works fine, but probably doesn't have the temp probes built in? Stainless and paint are in good shape? Still looks like the picture you posted?

Jesser04

So this is the same as the "select pro grill" on their website minus the newest controller? Same size? I assume the controller works fine, but probably doesn't have the temp probes built in? Stainless and paint are in good shape? Still looks like the picture you posted?

Yes it’s the same size and everything works fine. It’s in good shape but not as good as that picture I believe that was the day I brought it home. It’s a great smoker I just upgraded to a Yoder and I don’t have room for it or I would keep it. If I get home before it gets dark today I’ll take some pictures of it.

Jesser04

As far as the controller goes it works great but it’s a p setting style so when the weather changes outside you must adjust your p setting to get accurate temps it’s not a big deal just takes time. The new controller with blue display and probes does not have a p setting adjustment it does it on its own.

Jesser04

September 2015 is when I got it. It’s probably got 100-125 hours on it I use it frequently. If I had room I’d keep it because I think the traeger is better than the Yoder if you are cooking something that only takes 30-60 minutes. There is no dents dings or any other damage but It wouldn’t hurt it to wipe it down. If some one wants to get into smoking with a good size smoker for a decent price this is a good option.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have the camp chef pellet smoker and am very happy with it. Just wondering if I need a bigger grill.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well, after feeling a little insecure (thanks guys) I sat down with my wife and we talked about it. She assured me that my smoker is plenty big and that it does everything she wants it to do. She's afraid if I get a bigger one that it will cook too fast and be done before she's ready. She just kept saying, "low and slow" over and over. She said again that mine's just fine and then she kissed me softly on the cheek. She did mentioned that it would be nice if I would clean my smoker more often though. She said she really doesn't like pulling the cover off and seeing a bunch of leftover juice that's turned to crust and stuck all over the sides of it. So I'll have to work on that.

Jesser04

Here are some pics of it. We used it over the new one last night cooking chicken breast. I need it gone before I talk myself into keeping it.

Attachments

• CE34F0B6-42C7-4ECC-BEA4-4140001B835D.jpeg
    CE34F0B6-42C7-4ECC-BEA4-4140001B835D.jpeg
    708.5 KB · Views: 23
  • E4CC1D37-287F-4FB2-8B20-0EE4ACAA6984.jpeg
    E4CC1D37-287F-4FB2-8B20-0EE4ACAA6984.jpeg
    969.2 KB · Views: 26
  • FC9FB6C9-E954-4A64-9CC4-78E60BD8D363.jpeg
    FC9FB6C9-E954-4A64-9CC4-78E60BD8D363.jpeg
    799.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
@Jesser04 What do you think of your Yoder after having it for a while? Worth the dough? I know that earlier this year they upgraded the controller to have wifi but in general are you happy with it? I've been on a smoker binge this week and really want to buy one. I'm still trying to work out some things first though.