Jeep Trail Trailer build.. Butt end of an XJ

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
So last February I picked up the ass end of a 87 2door Jeep Cherokee from my friend Roger and decided it would make a good trail trailer and something different. Basically I wanted something that I could tow behind the jeep on long offroad trails to carry my camping equipment and extra fuel.. well in the end this will do it. It is running 33X10.5R15 tires (close enough to what is on the Jeep that I can use the Jeeps spare on there if I need to), has capacity for 20 gallons of fuel with its own fuel pump to facilitate transfer of fuel, it will have 20 gallons of onboard water storage and basically will make it so I can take the whole family on long offroad trips.. Here are the pics from day 1 to today.. This thing tows great you hardly notice it is there even flying down double track at 60MPH it doesn't cause a problem.

Chopitup007.jpg

Chopitup010.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_1240.jpg

DSC_1241.jpg

DSC_2024.JPG

DSC_2025.JPG

DSC_2028.JPG

DSC_2033.JPG

DSC_2032.JPG

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I followed Scott down the road on the first outing with the trailer. It towed straight, no crabbing. On the trail it followed his XJ nearly perfectly, and didnt' bounce around since he left shocks under it.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Very cool!

More info and pics about the fuel / water systems please. :D

I will get some pics of the water system but it is basically a 20 Gal Barrel (soon to be mounted on the tounge instead of inside) with a on demand water pump (soon to have a spigot on the outside instead of a hose that has to come out of the top with a valve)
The fuel system is just the original XJ fuel tank and pump hooked up to a simple toggle switch and enough hose to reach from the fuel filler cap to my jeeps fuel filler :).. soon to have quick disconnect on the hose