Trailer axles

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Last year I bought a new to me camp trailer and discovered it has 3500# axles which gives it almost zero cargo capacity. This also means it has a very small water tank (30 gal) but there is plenty of room to install a 65 gal if I upgrade the axles to 5k# er's. I thought about selling it but the sales tax on another rig would likely replace the axles and we really love the layout.

I'm thinking I can replace both axles and the water tank for around $1k. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy axles? I have a couple sources for the larger water tanks but have no idea where to go for axles. TIA.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Henderson was sold to another company and they moved to a new location, just can't remember the new company name.

Henderson was sold to NAPA. I special ordered a 3500lb Dexter torflex axle a couple of years ago through my local NAPA rep. Used all of Henderson's previous axle spec sheets and processes it was just administered through my local NAPA.

Mike

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Henderson was sold to another company and they moved to a new location, just can't remember the new company name.

This is news to me.. I was gearing up to do an axle flip on my trailer.. I guess I better source the brackets somewhere else :ugh:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It’s to bad RV manufacturers in general short change axles and tires. Very little safety margin.
I agree. My last toy hauler had 15" wheels on a trailer that weighted 9k# 's empty.

One of the bad things about buying used. I didn't verify all of the options. They sold this model with 2 3500# axles and a 30 gal tank, 2 5k# axles and a 50 gal tank and 2 6K# axles with 60 gal tank. Most of the other options were available in any axle package. I made the incorrect assumption that since mine had most of the add on options it was the higher tier and had the upgraded axles. At least it is a simple fix and shouldn't be too costly.