Trailer winch

ALF

SURE!?
I picked up a 3000 lb winch for my trailer from a buddy and I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount it. I need haul a dead Toyota this weekend so I'm going to to a quick fab up job for that but would like to see some more permanent idea pics would be great:D I'd also like to figure out a way to mount a battery with it as well.. Discuss

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
For a removable winch, I think using some trailer hitch tubing for a mount would be ideal. Connect & remove with the pull of a pin. If you're going to go that route, then it might be a good idea to wire the tow rig with one of those heavy duty connectors on the bumper. I think Warn makes a kit for doing just that.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
For a removable winch, I think using some trailer hitch tubing for a mount would be ideal. Connect & remove with the pull of a pin. If you're going to go that route, then it might be a good idea to wire the tow rig with one of those heavy duty connectors on the bumper. I think Warn makes a kit for doing just that.

I did this for my trailer, I just haven't installed it yet...:hickey:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i just did this a couple of weeks ago as well.

i used some 3x5 angle iron along with a YJ winch mount.welded that to the front cross bar.its worked fine and i've used it several times since putting it on there.i still need to build a front tongue box for strap and battery storage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3030285.jpg
    P3030285.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 20
  • P3030291.jpg
    P3030291.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P3040292.jpg
    P3040292.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 27

ALF

SURE!?
It looks like Harbor Freight has a mount for it for $15 would bolting that through the wooden decking with big assed washers be sufficiant?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I'm going to build a large storage box for the tongue of my trailer, then have a box within the box with a small door that opens backward toward the deck. The winch will be housed inside the smaller enclosure, along with the battery, so everything is weatherproof and locked up.

kirk86CJ

Would a 3000 lb winch pull a dead vehicle up the ramps? - I've got a 36" high deck with 7 foot ramps. Is that enough winch?

I am going to put a winch on a gooseneck trailer. I have used a come-a-long a few times, and it just sucks.

Thanks
Kirk

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
Would a 3000 lb winch pull a dead vehicle up the ramps? - I've got a 36" high deck with 7 foot ramps. Is that enough winch?

I am going to put a winch on a gooseneck trailer. I have used a come-a-long a few times, and it just sucks.

Thanks
Kirk

Snatch Block anybody?? Slows down line speed but doubles pulling power. I have an ATV winch on my trailer and pulled a three-legged (flat tire) mid-70's Buick Electra up my 6.5' ramps no problem.