trails around orderville/ kanab

cambam

I am off to a family reunion in Orderville at the clear creek family ranch, and the deal with my wife was that I would go ONLY if the jeep came with us. We are leaving next wednsay, the 19th, and i know nothing about the area. Any help would be greatluy appreciated. Thanks

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I'm in Kanab and we have plenty of trails. What are you looking for? we have some challenging trails and lots of scenic areas to explore.

Let me know what you would like to do and what days you woild like to do it and we can show you around.

Check out our website; canyoncountry4x4club.com

cambam

thanks. Your site looks great. I am thinking I would like to run a 3-4 rated trail on thursday the 20th. Is there anywhere down there like area bfe or little moab that just has a bunch of obsticals close by each other? This seems to work out good for me with the kids and all. Thanks for your help, and feel free to just give me a call if that would be easier. 801.592.9437 Spencer

kirk86CJ

I don't think there is anything down there like Area BFE. I think your best bet would be Hog Canyon. You will have to go a few miles down various dirt roads to get to any rock crawling type obsticles - there are some very cool trails in Hog Canyon, but they aren't all right next to each other. I suggest you take him up on his offer and have some locals show you around. There are some pamphlets/maps available for the Hog Canyon area you should try to get if thats where you go. I think the 4x4 club made these maps.

There is also a road that is between Mt Carmel Junction, and the Ranch you are going to that heads south off the highway. We call it Poverty, but I don't know the real name. You head down to the virgin river - its mostly a sandy two track road, but the last mile is pretty steep/sandy/ledgy. I didn't go down the last mile because I didn't have lockers at the time. Seems like its roughly 50-60 mile round trip (I am guessing) Definately takes more than 1/2 day in a jeep.

I will actually be in Orderville July 21-24, but I don't think we are taking the jeeps - haven't decided yet.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I'd suggest Tom' Canyon trail in Hog Canyon. It's just a few miles outside Kanab and a short trail with some fun obstacles. It connects into the rest of the trails in Hog Canyon if you want to see more. This trail is 4 rated and the trails around it are 3 to 3 1/2.

Let me know when you want to go and we can show you around
phone # (435) 819-0061
email blackent@xpressweb.com

cambam

Thanks guys. I will be calling you the first part of next week. I am excited to see your little corner of the wheelin world.

cambam

So, we are getting ready to go, and I am wondering if anyone wants to come and run hog canyon on thursday sometime. It sounds like that is the place to be. Lets set something up if anyone else is interested. Friday will also work for me. Let me know what yall want to do.