Central Utah Trails in Price?

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I am going there for thankgiving weekend. My brother in law wants me to bring the Bronco. I know there are good trails in price. I just don't know were they are. Anyhelp would be great.
Thanks.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There are a lot of areas to travel and explore. Tons of natural gas roads that also get you pretty far back into some really cool canyons on the North side. Most of the trails listed in Price in our trails section are on the books as "not designated" because of a person at the BLM who first refused the map data the first time and then proceeded to "lose" the data the second time after it was successfully submitted. From what I understand, he is no longer there.

I don't know where it was left off but there was some process about getting the trails added back in. Now would be a good time to start asking questions now that there is a documented process (Coyote Canyon).

None of the trails are actually posted as open or closed. But don't let that discourage you, there's a lot of other great trails & routes in the area. Just most of the technical fun trails are in this situation.

ricsrx

Man I wish i was going home to Price for thanksgiving, i would be all over this. as Shane has stated above. if you’re not looking for the hard core rock trails, you can literally go to any area leading out of Price in any direction and the dirt roads go forever.

My family lives in the north east part of town, go north from Smiths food king on Main and drive to the end of the road, its all open dirt roads from there.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Looks like I won't be taking the Bronco. I will take the tahoe and check out some of these roads. I am taking my mountain bike though. Thanks all for the info.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There's also a really cool play area in that north eastern corner with some hills and ravines you can crawl through. If you take the Mtn Bike, stop by Fuzzy's Bicyclewerks as you come into to Price on 1st north. Big yellow sign, can't miss it. He has a lot of great Mtn bike trail maps and good info. He's also a friend of open public access.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
There's also a really cool play area in that north eastern corner with some hills and ravines you can crawl through. If you take the Mtn Bike, stop by Fuzzy's Bicyclewerks as you come into to Price on 1st north. Big yellow sign, can't miss it. He has a lot of great Mtn bike trail maps and good info. He's also a friend of open public access.

Thats good to know, thanks!

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
My brother in law knows fuzzy and showed me some of the good local trails. First we went to the wedge and rode along the edge of the little grand canyon. The next day we rode lukes trail and allen's alley. Nice trails.