Treadwright tires

xjtony

Anyone run Treadwrights? My 2500 was in need of tires, and I have run several sets of Treadwrights on my XJ over the years so I figured I'd give them a try. It looks like quality has really gone up. They used to only replace the tread and leave the sidewalls and everything stayed. They now recase the entire carcass. I'm excited to see how they run.
20200603_172916.jpg
20200603_172926.jpg
20200605_144309.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have in the past. They were fine, not terribly impressive. When I needed to replace tires again, I looked at them--but their prices had gone up to roughly equal to new tires, so I went the new direction. I'm interested to see how these work for you this time.

xjtony

These ended up being about $160 per tire after mount and balance. The truck never sees more than a dirt road so I'm really interested in their longevity

xjtony

Yes. As far as a tire for a heavy/ tow rig (basically if you need an E load rated tire) these are not what you are looking for. The compound is really soft and most of the tread other than the very edges is already totally gone after a year. I keep my tires at 75 psi which is the min that my sensors won't go off and they look like 100000 mile tires. I think on a lighter rig where you could run them at a lower pressure you would be ok but I am very disappointed. I'll get some pictures later today and post them up.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
They suck. I had a set bubble under the tread laminate (like a softball size bubble) (2 tires, and a third tire tire completely threw the tread OFF but luckily the inner casing didn't fail in the canyon) and strand me in Grand Junction. Less than 1 year old. They completely ignored my emails, never returned any phone calls and after messaging me twice on FB Messager to find out I had a legitimate issue- they blocked me on Facebook.

Troop92

They suck. I had a set bubble under the tread laminate (like a softball size bubble) (2 tires, and a third tire tire completely threw the tread OFF but luckily the inner casing didn't fail in the canyon) and strand me in Grand Junction. Less than 1 year old. They completely ignored my emails, never returned any phone calls and after messaging me twice on FB Messager to find out I had a legitimate issue- they blocked me on Facebook.
Similar experience about 13 years ago when they were still inexpensive. Ran a set back in college, and not really paying attention didn't check the actual tire dates when they arrived. Fast forward to my first rotation 6 months later, and the shop wouldn't rotate them. Turns out they sent me casings that were 9.5 years old...

Tried to have a conversation with them, but they became combative and said the tires were "still safe." Stopped responding.

Lesson learned. Dumped them then and there, never again.

xjtony

Those stories supprise me. This is the first set I've had a problem with. Maybe 13 or 14 years ago they sent me the wrong tread pattern and ended up sending me 2 free tires to make up for the mistake. I won't buy any more that's for sure