Tree Branch Removal

Coco

I am hoping the community may know of someone, or have somewhere to turn.

I got a big tree in my backyard that has a completely dead branch that goes all the way up (I would guesstimate 50-70 feet high?) as well as another branch further up that is dead. I need to get them removed before winter, as I am afraid they will come down and take out the fence, or worse go into the neighbors house.

My worry is and I had one company come do a free estimate ($1350 for just that tree, $1650 for all of my trees) and they mentioned that they would also need to balance out the tree to keep it from working its way into our house.

So, long story short, I want to get that one tree taken care of, but I do have another tree in the backyard that I wouldn't mind trimming up also. Anyone have any luck or know some peeps that could come take a look and get me a quote?

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
We moved here from FL (AF moved us) - we had to have tons of tree work due to the hurricanes. We had 12 live oaks that had over grown. We also had a very large pine (70' tall, almost 3' diameter) that was dying. That pine almost cost $2k alone to fall.

Sloppy (cheap) tree trimmers can cause a ton of damage. I recommend asking around to find someone with a good reputation and be sure they have insurance. I get a feeling that UT has a better overall quality of subcontractors than FL, but it's best to be careful.

Troop92

We just used Nye's Tree Service to remove two blue spruce and a massive pine. They were very reasonably priced and clearly knew what they were doing. Didn't feel shady. Two were closer to the house, and one right on a fence line. No damage, no issues.

Tebbsjeep

I also have a very large tree I need taken down. It's right next to a retaining wall, and overhangs two houses. Way to much liability to take down myself.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just go buy a chain saw some beer and watch some YouTube videos.
I did that with my brother in law about 20 years ago, but all we had was a shitty electric chain saw and no beer. It was a 70' tree and we dropped it right between his house and the neighbor's. We cut off as much as we could before felling it.