Tricks to get a Job Done Easier

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I hate working on the ground so sawhorses are a must but most are so bulky and hard to store. I came up with this design a few years ago.
I made four of these from 3/4" and 1" conduit and usually top them with plywood or a couple of old hollow core doors. They are surprisingly strong and fold to only 1" thick to store.
20180622_124516.jpg

photo fixed

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I hate working on the ground so sawhorses are a must but most are so bulky and hard to store. I came up with this design a few years ago.
I made four of these from 3/4" and 1" conduit and usually top them with plywood or a couple of old hollow core doors. They are surprisingly strong and fold to only 1" thick to store.
6BCGAwzLO8rv8XClz5fQ6gYyyQugy9yoxtTlOicamz95F3b8zOukWNlM_KF9HJQH5stZAbRhmQePyteKvNxkPj2jlARQn4VnC-PJ4wdDRycpzT2D4ajnkLzuu7G0bDqX-6OHpCts0hC92ekkuapxt9yGXEGrdLYub7cDJUuqUBpWmg5NZS4MhS_gnmP7RlI9wkVzKjPAeHQXznTFEcRHWtKLYWg9GIRuzeJbg0quBS1HBJk-_HTmtRuT9-08OmU2ECwbznzQ8RDzvjZ52jJiarNbNkTftRDC-HOOC5C6kJobUIGtBhwIQvQdkUCCn9melSTvMqD6yVWeEKwhNzdw9ndD6w61qJaNFQFg3GBcZ1bGwUFl1P9jC5kgZbfcEY7DAKR-xr6A7flmM2yy1kuBV2Ju_dsu5ka-b_0V-2pTRQVGelHHzh9bLLAVEhz2QIJ_KXEVnlkz2lvudr7QO4YL10i67g0kpGiObhP5mu6134FkKipVxIPtlkFFSCHexc1iC7udNS8BnFq3Tiuv2itp_wbUwwdIYssSg6b5LoX5ZpBqLJRn6WFjpS_w0PbstFUkptsSgivtn6puOLgrCg-GCHmow9i2G-9_=w646-h1148-no
Are there pics here? I see no pics. I want pics.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
The upper ones I dragged and dropped into the text box. This one I used the insert picture button. Looks like some browsers don't like inline photos. I'll fix the ones above.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
And one more:

I'm a little lacking for bench space so I made this turntable thing from a 12" swivel bearing and 3/4" plywood.
There is a hole in the center where the cords drop through the top and a stop to limit it to 1 full turn so the cords don't twist up.
20180623_102620.jpg

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
the lab grade wash bottle (with the hooked spout on the top) I bought that is specifically for acetone is low density polyethylene (LDPE). The mustard bottle is high density polyethylene (HDPE) and is quite immune as well.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
How could I forget possibly the most important things....
Computer and internet connection for YouTube how to videos and streaming audio.
Older Dell Optiplex running peppermint Linux, a Pioneer receiver I bought in 1991, and some $20 garage sale speakers...
20180707_190643.jpg

20180707_190651.jpg

I tried a cheap USB wireless dongle but it didn't like the HF start on the TIG torch so I ran hardwire. No problems now.
Many ad free hours of Pandora logged through Pianobar, the Linux command line Pandora client. Also, no more "are you still there"