Tuesday, October 9th: 50th anniversary showing of _Bullitt_ starring Steve McQueen

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I recently discovered that Fathom Events will be showing _Bullitt_ in select theaters for its 50th anniversary. Anybody who is a car guy (or gal) holds this film near and dear to their heart. It isn't actually a "car movie" at all. Instead, it is a well-rounded police film... which just happens to include the granddaddy of all car chase scenes. Indeed, this scene is widely credited with defining the cinematic car chase.

I mentioned it on FB, and a few guys from RME piped up and expressed interest in going... so I thought it was only fair to mention it to all of you. I've decided to go on Tuesday evening, October 9th, for the 7pm showing. This time works well for the (small) group who spoke up in my FB post. If that time is bad for you, don't fret: there will also be showings at 2pm that day, plus both times on Sunday the 7th. (Showings may vary by theater.) As it happens, the theater at the District has a showing that evening, so I've chosen that as a somewhat central location for us. Sound good?

My co-worker Mike and I plan to drive our big block muscle cars to the showing. It just seems like the right thing to do (unless it rains, in which case we'll drive something else). All of you guys with similar vehicles are encouraged to do the same. :)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
About the theater at The District:

I've read online that they will be showing the film, as I mentioned. When I tried to buy tickets online, I was redirected to a third-party web site which could not find a showing at that location. Hmm. I called the theater, and when I tried to buy tickets over the phone the automated system directed me to a different third-party company which also could not find this showing.

(sigh)

It looks like I'm gonna need to drive to the theater just to buy a damn ticket.