Turkey hunting Q's

wheelewagon

So I'm going to try turkey hunting for the first time this year. Any body on here ever do it in Utah? Where's some good places to go? What if any is A good call that's not a mouth reed and turkey decoys? I'm not really looking to go shoot the world record turkey or anything, but would be nice to shoot a nice one. I've heard so much about how turkey hunting is the funnest hunt you'll ever do. So I figured I'd try it out this year. I'm also thinking to take my nephew out on his first any hunt ever. So any turkey hunting advice would be good. Thanks!:D

DAA

In the La Sals, if you wanted to, you can just ride along the road on an ATV and drop big rocks on their heads.

Can you just buy tags for them now? Used to have to draw.

- DAA

wheelewagon

In the La Sals, if you wanted to, you can just ride along the road on an ATV and drop big rocks on their heads.

Can you just buy tags for them now? Used to have to draw.

- DAA

They did A draw and a general season state wide. Where in the lasals in particular?

ID Bronco

Turkey hunting is super fun! I love it. It's like Elk hunting in a lot of ways. (but in the Spring!!) You call them in similarly and you have to pattern the birds pretty closely.

On decoys I would get a hen to start. If you get a big Gobbler decoy it will intimidate many other smaller gobblers so you may get a lot less chances. If you want a monster get a big gobbler mojo and give it a go!

Have really good camo, and hold still. Practice with a slate call. are electronic calls illegal in Utah? I don't know but they can be useful to locate birds because they can be really loud. Check the legality.

You should love it.

wheelewagon

Turkey hunting is super fun! I love it. It's like Elk hunting in a lot of ways. (but in the Spring!!) You call them in similarly and you have to pattern the birds pretty closely.

On decoys I would get a hen to start. If you get a big Gobbler decoy it will intimidate many other smaller gobblers so you may get a lot less chances. If you want a monster get a big gobbler mojo and give it a go!

Have really good camo, and hold still. Practice with a slate call. are electronic calls illegal in Utah? I don't know but they can be useful to locate birds because they can be really loud. Check the legality.

You should love it.

Thanks for the help!