Turning my tow rig into an expedition camper

airmanwilliams

I need to track him down but a guy inn sandy is doing one and I saaw an old on of his on espeditionportal.net it was very cheaply made first but then he is going back now to redo it all and make it way nicer.

the first picture below is his first design and the next ones are a revision of what he will change too. here is a link to his thread http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53577

Attachments

airmanwilliams

That is cool Sami-camper. YOu could camp way back in the woods where nobody can find you.
yup I found the guy and will call him when I get back to utah to see how it works out for him then if it works out well and if I can get some help from some guys with mad skills then I will look for a cheap samurai I can cut the backend off of and do this. A toyota axle swap will be a must as well as a yj or chevy leaf spring swap.

Im really hoping I can get this done and have a nice small camper than can get absolutely anywhere. I really like that big one you guys made. I must have read past it but how many beds are in it?

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
yup I found the guy and will call him when I get back to utah to see how it works out for him then if it works out well and if I can get some help from some guys with mad skills then I will look for a cheap samurai I can cut the backend off of and do this. A toyota axle swap will be a must as well as a yj or chevy leaf spring swap.

Im really hoping I can get this done and have a nice small camper than can get absolutely anywhere. I really like that big one you guys made. I must have read past it but how many beds are in it?

Sleeps 5 comfortable and 6 in a pinch.