Two noobs on Gooseberry Mesa

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Spent an awesome Saturday on Gooseberry Mesa, outside Hurricane. It was the first real technical riding for both of us, so we rode the Practice Loop first. It didn't completely wipe us out, so we watered up back at the truck, and thought we'd do the Practice Loop again but ended up at the Windmill Trailhead instead. Obviously that's a sign, so Windmill it was, and I'm glad we did because the views of Zion from the north rim were amazing! By the time we got to the Bowls and Ledges connector, we were completely bushed and my legs were cramping badly. There was much more dabbing and hike-a-bike, and much less video :). Got back to the truck by about 3:00 where it seemed like most everybody else on the mesa had the same idea - back to town for a hot shower and dinner!

[youtube]ErMvbb6wFrg[/youtube]

[youtube]4BE6nK9ZfM8[/youtube]
7127075319_bd0df4beca_b.jpg

7127075321_4de18d00ba_b.jpg

7127075331_4f121f6483_b.jpg

7127075335_af0ee8c41e_b.jpg

Caleb

Nice, thanks for sharing. I've had some disturbing thoughts recently of getting back in to mnt. biking. :D

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Me too, Caleb, Ive recently broken out the old GT and have been hitting the trails in Corner Canyon. They have a whole new trail system that is really fun. LMK if you ever wanna go check ithem out.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I've got a nice Mt. Bike hanging up in the garage that needs to see some use. Maybe a RME Memorial Day Weekend Mt. Bike trip that could be fun.

sixstringsteve

Me too, Caleb, Ive recently broken out the old GT and have been hitting the trails in Corner Canyon. They have a whole new trail system that is really fun. LMK if you ever wanna go check ithem out.

I've only done the Draper DH trail up there. I'd love to try out some of the corner canyon trails. Hit me up if you're looking for more people to ride with.

Kevin B.

I tried Corner Canyon last summer, and got about a mile uphill of the parking lot before my legs were rubber and I had to call it quits. I'm in a little better shape now, I'd love to try it again.

Kevin B.

So I let Youtube do its image stabilization thing, but I'm not sure it's an improvement. Are the videos better this way, or is the bouncy black frame a distraction?

sixstringsteve

that's interesting. I didn't realize it was YouTube that did that. It's kinda distracting, but I'd be curious to see the original shaky footage to compare.

sixstringsteve

I prefer the last clip you just posted (without image stabilization), but any mountain biking video is good, so I won't complain if it has the image stabilization.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
It's been on my brain for a while now. It would be cool to form an RME Mt. Bike crew...

Make it happen, Shane! Id be in for some local stuff. I rode Rose Cyn. in Herriman a couple weeks back too, quite a fun singletrack.