Ty's '03 GMC Sonoma ZR2

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2 4.3L
Engine:
Stock block with .030" over.
Stock heads with custom port and polish.
8.5:1 Hypereutectic pistons.
Eagle H-beam rods.
Supercharger (stock Nissan Xterra) with 50mm pulley and full custom porting.
Jaguar XJ8 Intercoolers (modified to fit)
LS7 Corvette fuel injectors.
Crane ignition box with MSD plug wires and coil.
Custom 316L stainless shorty style headers.
Custom 409 stainless 3.5" exhaust with magna flow muffler.
Electric fan conversion.
Dual belt conversion.

Axles:
Front custom Dana 54 axle built from a Ford f250 front Dana 50 high pinion TTB center section and Dana 44 Chevy style tubes and knuckles, with custom Tig welded Gussets and tabs.
Stock Dana axle shafts and u-joints.
Stock open diff with spiders and 4:10 gears.
Rear axle is a GM 14 bolt with open diff and 4:10 gears and stock axle shafts.

Suspension:
Front is a 3 link radius arm design utilizing land Rover Discovery II radius arms and summit machine flex joints for the track bar, the front shocks are 14" travel Bilstein 9100 coil overs and reservoirs with Terraflex TJ front 6" lift coils and custom "quiet" shock ends utilizing summit machine flex joints to eliminate shock noise.
Front has 14" of travel up and down and 36" of travel at the hub when flexed.
Rear suspension is also a custom 3 link with the upper arm being triangulated and rear mount. For springs I'm using Terraflex WJ 4" rear springs and Bilstein 7100 shocks.
Rear has 12" up and down travel with almost 42" of travel at the hub when flexed.

Drivetrain:
Stock 4L65e transmission.
Stock transfer case missing the entire front output and chain (broke due to bad drive line angles) I built a custom bracket to mount a Ford style NP205 behind the stock low range gears giving me a custom doubler with a gear selection of 2:1, 2.72:1 and 6:1low range gearing.
I modified the NP205 shafts to give me twin stick with front or rear dig, and kept the stock electronic shift for the factory low range.

Misc:
4 point roll cage tucked between headliner and outer body panels as to keep from hitting your bean or knees on the cage.
Custom front, rear bumpers, sliders, tail gate, rear diff cover.
Dual piston 1 ton brakes conversion on all 4 corners with park brake in the rear.
37" 12.50x 17" BFG DOT Krawlers tires mounted on H2 2nd gen wheels.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm with Tonkaman, lets see pics of this monster!

How did you get the Nissan supercharger to bolt onto the 4.3 intake? It's an Eaton, correct? Sounds like a lot of neat work to get this thing built, like the parts behind the front axle build, too.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What's your name? I feel like I know you from when I worked at Teraflex Plus...

Your truck is looking pretty neat, either way. :cool: I dig the mix 'n match parts collection. :D