Ty's Offroad/Scout Trailer Build!!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I decided that i'm not very good at projects. I go into a project with a pretty good idea of what I want to do with it, then change my mind about a hundred times during the process.

I've notice that a lot of the corners on the wood are pretty rotted. Mostly on the floor and front panels. So I'm going to need to replace it. While the wood is out what do you guys think about me chopping about 12" off the top. That would put it at 36" tall or I could even chop 24" and build a top that I could open along with the tailgate. If I go 36" I would still feel comfortable throwing a pad down and sleep in it if my boys aren't with me (I don't see this happening, but you never know).

Thoughts PLEASE!!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I'm trying to keep this cheap and am looking for plywood for the sides and floor. What are ya'lls opinions on sealed and painted OSB as far as longevity? I don't mind the look, just wondering how long it would last if it were sealed good and painted???? I read somewhere that as long as it is sealed good it will hold up as well as any, because it is pressed and doesn't have the gaps and pockets inside. I don't know much about it so I figured I would ask you guys.

Last edited: