U4's Fundraiser Jeep

Howdy All,
Thought I'd toss in a post to say thanks to all here at RME for your support of U4, AND support on the Jeep.
A big congrat's to Alan, sounds like the thing has a new home where it will be appreciated 'an used!
I had the pleasure of being on the "jeep committee", got to see the development at every step of the way.
I can't tell you how many great folks pitched in 'an helped, a great effort.
Of coarse, we NEVER could have pulled it off without the help of all the great sponcers who stepped up big time!
Tuff Country, first on board with a lift
Jack-it, who installed the lift 'an went over the thing looking for problems
Warn Industries, 9.5TI, 'Nuff said!!
Best Top, make mine charcoal...
Tom Wood performed his magic...
Terraflex/Terra Plus- these guys came through with stuff & labor!
Novak Conversions, went through the NP435 & 20, twin-stick, 'an radiator!
Allied Wheels, killer bead-locks
Maxxis Creepy Crawlers... Todd Adams set this up, Thanks Todd!!
Arave Precision Frame in Eden, Utah straightened the frame
Sky's Extreme finished the bod work 'an shot the paint
Hanson Enterprise Bumpers and Cargo Systems kicked in the rear bumper
Shrock Steel built the front
PRP Seats...MMmmMMmm...comphy!
Master Mufler in So. Ogden quieted it down!
Car Concepts tossed in a Stereo to make it noisy again,
The Road Crew at Circuit City busted butt to install said squaker in time...
Hoodlift... this is a cool product! If ya see it, you'll want one!
Gorilla GPS, so's ya can't get lost!
Wasatch Outlaws 4WD Club(Larry Olsen) Parts, glass, labor labor laor!!
RedJeep Club(Ian Parrish) Tons of labor 'an material
Advanced 4WD for last-minute tweeking- thanks Randy 'an Ellis!
Clear Bra
Amos Rents....
Lary Miller Jeep
4WPW
Wow... who am I forgetting??
What a list!
THANK-you to all!

Kinda going through withdrawls here today, not having to worry 'bout work'n on that Jeep! (ahhhhhhhh...... relief.... )

May-bee I can spend some time on my own heep now!

Thanks again all,

Russ

All the tickets were sold. We'd like to do another one, but we can't commit to it unless we get more volunteers who will work on it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hey we donated the speakers and boxes at Circuit too ;)

That jeep was awesome. I wish I would have one it. Turned out great.

Cody

EKSJAE said:
will there be another one? or was it too much work? i think its a great idea, if it increases awareness and membership. where all the tickets sold?

As Steve said, we sold every ticket! Awsome!

I think we will do it again, taking the lessons we learned on Yeller 'an applying to the next.
The next one will be something along the lines oa a TJ, way less labor intensive.
Plus, we missed out on a few cool items 'cause some manufacturers only do TJ stuff.
Live 'an learn... the CJ is classic, but it ate up to much energy making the basics (frame, body, trim, etc) nice.

Bart

Thanks to Russ and all those that volunteered on the CJ. I feel bad I couldn't spend the time this year, but if there's another one I promise to put in some time. Again, nice job on the rig.

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
If anybody knows a dealership that wants to donate a TJ to us for the next Fun Raiser Jeep, please feel free to contact me.
801-201-6778

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
TheBigSgt said:
If anybody knows a dealership that wants to donate a TJ to us for the next Fun Raiser Jeep, please feel free to contact me.
801-201-6778

try calling Dr.Z
you know, the guy with the stupid accent and even stupider mustache in all the DC commercials.

jeep has been known to donate vehicles for the cause.

EKSJAE said:
jeep has been known to donate vehicles for the cause.

Uhh...when?

We're looking for a base model TJ. It would be a tax deductible donation, and we would consider covering a portion of the purchase price.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Is there any thought to a different brand of vehicle? Obviously a TJ would be a great start, Just wondering.
Look forward to the next one, Wish I had any way I could help with parts, etc.

Brian P said:
Is there any thought to a different brand of vehicle? Obviously a TJ would be a great start, Just wondering.

We chose the J**p just because most people recognize and relate to them. We're thinking that a decent 98-00 TJ would be good. We can get a ton of TJ parts, and those models are readily available for 3K-4K.

Brian P said:

Shhhh!!! Steve's bin yell'n "scout" fer 3 days!! :D
(hoo the hell'd buy tickets fer a corn-binder??? jk Steve!)

There's a bunch of great rigs, but the aftermarket is just flat flooded with things TJ right now.
Plus ya can't argue with the popularity of the 'lil buggers...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Desert Dino said:
Shhhh!!! Steve's bin yell'n "scout" fer 3 days!! :D
(hoo the hell'd buy tickets fer a corn-binder??? jk Steve!)

There's a bunch of great rigs, but the aftermarket is just flat flooded with things TJ right now.
Plus ya can't argue with the popularity of the 'lil buggers...

Plus, i think a JEEP helps market to those who don't wheel, but think it's cool.. and might like to someday, maybe when they grow up and realize that 'grown up' really isn't all that it's cracked up to be... see, they have no preference in a wheeling rig... but they recognize 'JEEP' as 'the epitamy of a 4x4'... they're the people that call it 'JEEPing'... "Hey, let's go JEEPing this weekend!".... how about not, i say.. better yet, let's get lit and jump off my roof... wait, no... (NOTE TO READER: i've inhailed alot of strange chemicals today:sick: )

Anyways, i would love for nothing more than to raffle off a built Toyota. But that's because that's what i like through my experiences. The general public can better relate to a JEEP Wrangler of some type because really that's all they know of as a 4x4 to take off road... and they all want one, deep down inside the gooey inards of thier ignorance;) .... only kidding... But we essentially want everyone's money for the raffle tickets... it all goes to a great cause.. so the more people you can hook with a cool product, the more money to the cause...

Plus, Russ has a great point... the availability of aftermarket junk to put on a TJ is amazing... who doesn't carry something for a TJ???