U4WDA Fall Cleanup/ Trail ride

U4WDA

Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association
U4WDA sponsored snakes cleanup/ trail ride.
Saturday November 12th 10am.

Everyone is invited whether you are planning on the wheeling or not.
This is an excellent opportunity to come out if you haven't been wheeling much to meet some new people and get comfortable on the trails.
Especially RME members since this trail is RME adopted trail in Northern Utah.

The idea here is this will be the first of monthly trail ride cleanups.

Meeting at the Rattlesnake Gulch Trailhead @ 10am.
U4 will provide trashbags and instruction, lay down an idea of the area we want to cover, do a clean up and a trail ride.

Keep it low key, sign the waiver and volunteer sheet at the Gazebo so we can report our hours to the BLM.

Please bring your own gloves to pickup trash and we are recommending closed toe shoes and long pants to keep you safe (not to mention it might not be so warm :D).

Who would like to volunteer to help?
We'll need at least 2 volunteers for each group:
1 lead and 1 tailgunner
and we can have 1 group do Rattlesnake Gulch and 1 do Constrictor.

We will have a gazebo setup with a banner at the trailhead/ parking area and we need at least 2 folks to sit at the trailhead and point late comers to work locations/ inform folks of the effort.

I'll volunteer my truck and big trailer to collect trash.
Additionally, I have a small 4'x8' trail trailer that will be setup at the halfway mark (in the flat area after Rattlesnake) that will be available to load with trash.
IMG_20110902_105821-1-1.jpg

Let's limit it to stuff we can bag on this trip unless we have someone with a business willing to lend their dumpster.

I'll be leading Constrictor and Ron Tolman will be helping at the booth so far.

-Stratton
u4logo-1.png

If you want to print off the attached waiver and bring it signed to event it will save us time :D

Attachments

• U4WDA_Waiver.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 25
  • u4 logo.png
    u4 logo.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Taco4life

I honestly have never wheeled out that way, and my crawler is out of commission. Would I be able to bring my stock Tacoma without a locker on these trails? Also do we have directions to the trailhead? I would like to come and help.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I honestly have never wheeled out that way, and my crawler is out of commission. Would I be able to bring my stock Tacoma without a locker on these trails? Also do we have directions to the trailhead? I would like to come and help.

Stock Taco will do fine on Rattlesnake on the easier lines. Should be fun. We'll see you out there :D

here is the thread with the trail location.
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=47546

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'd be there if it wasn't opening day for my south dakota hunting trip. Have fun out there I hope you guys get a good turnout.

U4WDA

Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association
Can we get a volunteer to lead Rattlesnake?
and
a volunteer to tail gun Rattlesnake?

Post up if you are available please.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Me and a few friends were out there this past weekend, one of the trucks from the drilling rig was in the middle of the road about 1/4 mile away from the rig itself. It looked like the trailer they were using broke and theyeft it there. So we pulled the truck off the trailer and pulled both of them down to the dirt parking area. We left them there, but later i was worried about the trailer getting stolen so i went back out and got it. If its anyones trailer from the board, or know of whos it is. Please contact me so we can get it back to them. Or any info on who was moving the truck and or tailer would be helpful.
Dwayne

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Can we get a volunteer to lead Rattlesnake?
and
a volunteer to tail gun Rattlesnake?

Post up if you are available please.

I'll come with my truck which we can fill up with trash. I'll clean it out before then. I can lead or tail gun or sit at the gazebo...I'm easy, just ask my wife:D

denhabr

I'd like to participate. I have two young men who may also volunteer (my two boys, Kyle and Anthony)...may even coerce my wife into coming along. :eek:

What do we need to bring? Tools? Shovels? Rakes?

I have a '96 Bronco pre-runner that is best suited for desert roads (and not a lot of rocks...as in "it ain't a rock crawler"...with an open diff in the front and a Detroit TrueTrac in the rear 8.8".) Any issues with either trail?

How long do we expect to be out there?

Thanks!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am going to do my best to get my front axle fixed (I guess I could run in rear wheel -locked- and just stay off the obstacles..) I am willing to lead or tail on rattle if needed.
Will have open seats if it's cold weather- wife and kids are fair weather jeepers :)

ret32

If the turnout is high, it might be a good idea to send some people just up the main gravel road that parallels the snakes. A passenger car can drive most of that road. That would reduce overcrowding on the trail and would give those who are hesitant to drive Rattlesnake an opportunity to be helpful. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Fairly certain I'll be there. I'm not a raw noob, but I've never been on an group trail ride before and I haven't been up snakes either. Looking forward to it!

I'll be dragging along a coworker and he is a rank noob. He's got a stock XJ that I told him shouldn't have any trouble - I didn't lie, did I? :D

sixstringsteve

If the turnout is high, it might be a good idea to send some people just up the main gravel road that parallels the snakes. A passenger car can drive most of that road. That would reduce overcrowding on the trail and would give those who are hesitant to drive Rattlesnake an opportunity to be helpful. Just a suggestion.

I agree. I doubt you could fill a hefty bag with trash from just RS/Con. I think the surrounding areas are going to need some help (PET Shooting area, 5MP parking lot/trails).

Omgbecki

I plan to attend, but will have to ride with someone. My dually is not trail friendly, and the buggy is single seat. I can drag a trailer out there if needed for trash.

If you plan on staying for the trail also i'm headed down that direction solo and you could ride with me in my tj.

If I dont get my sye in will i have issues? Also just for my information, what should i bring i've never done anything like this before and also, what are the responsibilities of the lead and tailgunner? What are their purpose? Thanks