U4WDA Summer Convention & Trail Ride 2007

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
[youtube]mrkoTdkFenA[/youtube]

It was a fun trail up a wash. Plenty of ledges and waterfalls. Tallest ledge was about 5 1/2 ft. You come in on an angle and have one shot at it. I had great traction but my foot either slid off the gas or bumped the break ever so slightly and then I was ska-rooed.. I tried the more gas approach and shattered my short side shaft. There are a couple of optional climbs that looks very technical. It is kinda like Chanisaw but the ledges are larger. The only footage I took was of the first boulder climb. That is your highest likelihood for body damage.

Second outcrop
CRW_4667.jpg

First boulders
CRW_4681.jpg

Dean walked this ledge and made us all look stupid
CRW_4743.jpg

Another of the approach on this off axis ledge
CRW_4756.jpg

I like that trail a LOT. That last obstacle is kinda sweet.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
who's doing the twist? who's done the twist? whats it like? we did crazy 8 last year, and was wanting to do an easier trail this year with our big group. any pix?

You might search on here for pics from last year. I remember SAMI and a few others ran The Twist and said it was very fun.

Bart

I need to add another dinner ticket to my registration. Can I take care of it there, or do I need to buy it before hand?

Bart

Or I can just buy that one from you Wayne. What day are you getting there? I'm thinking we might come in Friday night.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Or I can just buy that one from you Wayne. What day are you getting there? I'm thinking we might come in Friday night.

That works for him, I'm sure :D

We'll be down there Friday. I will probably head down in the morning that way I'll be in the area if a friend needs help getting his rig fixed for the event. I'll probably hold up at the Best Western until Sunday morning and then head back up. I'd like to make a run out to the snakes while I'm in town, too...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
We have reservations for the Quality Inn on Saturday night, so we'll prolly stay there Friday too.

What's that running a night? I haven't made reservations yet... I figure I'll just show up. It's Richfield, there shouldn't be any problems getting a room, right?!??:ugh: BW I think was $54 and 74, depending on which one....

What's that running a night? I haven't made reservations yet... I figure I'll just show up. It's Richfield, there shouldn't be any problems getting a room, right?!??:ugh:

Good luck. You might be able to find a room, but maybe not in the place you want.

I doubt there is anything left at Quality Inn for Friday night. My AAA price there was $55.