U4WDA Summer Convention & Trail Ride 2007

What's that running a night? I haven't made reservations yet... I figure I'll just show up. It's Richfield, there shouldn't be any problems getting a room, right?!??:ugh: BW I think was $54 and 74, depending on which one....

I was really surprised when we called the KOA site and all they had was tent sites. We had one of there cabins last year. Oh and we called them ove a month away. Good luck.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Good luck. You might be able to find a room, but maybe not in the place you want.

I doubt there is anything left at Quality Inn for Friday night. My AAA price there was $55.

I don't want that.. So I just made my reservations... BW in Salina was $54. I'll drive the ~15 mins for $20 ;)

Bart

Good luck. You might be able to find a room, but maybe not in the place you want.

I doubt there is anything left at Quality Inn for Friday night. My AAA price there was $55.

I called and got my room for Friday also. They had a few left. I want to know why Steve's AAA discount got him a room for $15 less than my AAA discount.

Hey Wayne, you'll spend that much in gas and be too far away from the fun. C'mon buddy, cowboy up.

I called and got my room for Friday also. They had a few left. I want to know why Steve's AAA discount got him a room for $15 less than my AAA discount.

I don't know. Maybe 'cause the 70 year old lady on the phone thought I sounded sexy?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Hey Wayne, you'll spend that much in gas and be too far away from the fun. C'mon buddy, cowboy up.

It's not going to cost me $20 a day to drive from Salina to Richfield ;) Maybe $5 and about 15 mins? I most likely won't have my son with me on this trip (staying in SLC at grandmas), so I won't need to head out early and can do night runs, bars, or whatever...

Bart

Welp, put a new alternator on the truck last night and couldn't get it to charge. Carquest is closed until Monday so I'm sol on Richfield. Hope you all had a fun trip. I'm bummed.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Wow, another excellent convention in Richfield. U4wda and unlimited 4x4 put on a great event. My family had a blast on the twist..great group on that trail, food was excellent agian, and got to win me a new winch in the rodeo...perfect day in Richfield. Hugh props to the Organizers, Sponcers, and participants.. Hope we was able to raise some good funds for the effort.. NoEcoNaziAmmo..

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Wow, another excellent convention in Richfield. U4wda and unlimited 4x4 put on a great event. My family had a blast on the twist..great group on that trail, food was excellent agian, and got to win me a new winch in the rodeo...perfect day in Richfield. Hugh props to the Organizers, Sponcers, and participants.. Hope we was able to raise some good funds for the effort.. NoEcoNaziAmmo..

I have to agree!! The event was awesome! The prizes were unbelievable! Winch, bbq, generator, etc..e.tc...etc.. Ring gear trophies... Huge list of prizes and sponsors. Lots of competitors - 60 ish? and had to be at least 3-5k in the stands and standing around. In the blazing heat that's saying something!! :D

Crazy 8 was an awesome trail, and like you say, awesome people! Although I'm kinda pissy about having to get up and out an hour early, to be done by noon -_- But I guess last year they took a while, so all is good...;)

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
I agree, great event. I had a blast and am very thankful to all those who put it on, U4, trail leaders, the folks of the Richfield group, the entire town that gave us a warm welcome and everyone in between! I did the Deer Creek run, and rated at a 2 was still a fun trip up what was basically a 4-wheeler trail. Seen some old gold mines and our trail leader Jim was very knowledgeable about the history of the area, even had books with pictures of the old towns and gold mines.... FREAKIN' AWESOME! Thanks again guys!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ditto, Broadhead Lakes was a great trail. Everything turned out great!

Wayne, I was looking for you at the dinner to say hello and check out your rig... I saw you at the park Fri. night but I got up a bit later to say hello and you were a goner. Next thing I know I see your rig blasting through the mud bog :cool:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Ditto, Broadhead Lakes was a great trail. Everything turned out great!

Wayne, I was looking for you at the dinner to say hello and check out your rig... I saw you at the park Fri. night but I got up a bit later to say hello and you were a goner. Next thing I know I see your rig blasting through the mud bog :cool:

They were making us stay around the rodeo deal. Not knowing when we were goign to be running, or starting... I finally ran over and grabbed a steak, potatoe and soda and came back over. Steak was awesome :D

That mud was DEEP. I ruined my K&N filter and sucked a bunch of mud through the motor. After that I was pretty much done for the night. Cleaned it up and parked it. Until a red XJ was in the rock pile with both busted front shafts. Two rigs tried to pull him out and failed. They turned all of the lights off, hinting it was really over, so I went and got my rig and pulled him right out. He was very grateful! thinking his only way out would be a tow truck.