U4WDA Summer Convention & Trail Ride 2007

U4WDA

Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association
U4WDA-Logo-Small-Horz.jpg

U4WDA 2007 Summer Convention - Richfield, Utah August 10th and 11th 2007

Picture3-2.png

The U4WDA 2007 Summer Convention will be held in Richfield on Saturday August 11th. Last year was an absolute blast, and this year will be even better! Unlimited 4x4 Club will be guiding groups on 10 local trails, and U4WDA will have a product raffle and steak dinner on Saturday evening. Additionally, Unlimited 4x4 Club will be hosting their 3rd annual Off-Road Rodeo on Saturday night.

Click here to register now!

Click here to view trail details!

Friday Evening Activities:
Come down to Richfield on Friday night and enjoy a series of casual events based around the Richfield City Park right in downtown Richfield. There will be an informal sand volleyball tournament, parking areas to show off your rig, and plenty of opportunities for casual conversation with fellow U4WDA members.

Summer Convention Trail Ride on Saturday:
Groups will start ligning up at the Sevier County Fairgrounds at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning. The group Crazy 8 will leave at 8:00 AM and all other trail groups will be departing at 9:00 AM.

After finishing on the trails, the entire group will meet back at the Sevier County Fairgrounds for a steak dinner at 5:00 PM followed by a fundraising raffle full of great prizes donated by our sponsors. Also, local band One Brick Shy will be performing at the Fairgrounds for U4WDA.

Registration for the Summer Convention is $35 per vehicle before August 1st and $50 per vehicle after August 1st. Registration includes one dinner ticket, and additional dinner tickets are $15 each (kids under 10 are $5/each for hotdogs and sodas). You can register the day of the event at the Sevier County Fairgrounds from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM, but trail availability may be limited. There will also be a breakfast Saturday morning at the fairgrounds for $7.50 per person.

Last edited:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I am registered but I was not sure how many dinner tickets I will need. Will you be able to buy additional meals on the spot or is there a RSVP deadline so that they know how many steaks are needed?

I am registered but I was not sure how many dinner tickets I will need. Will you be able to buy additional meals on the spot or is there a RSVP deadline so that they know how many steaks are needed?

Try and let us know as soon as you can so we can plan accordingly, but we will have some extras available.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Does anyone know if when you register if you are locked in on the trail you selected? I would like to wait until I am there to select a trail. That way I can maybe ask and see what trail would be good for me to see some good views?

Your reserving your spot for that trail by registering, just like everyone else. If you show up and dont' want to do that trail anymore, you can back out. Only problem is some of the other trails may not have openings, as some of them do have rig limits.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Sounds like they changed the process since last year then. Thanks for the info.

I dont' think it's changed.. I think it's always been this way - maybe someone from U4WDA will chime in. Some of the more difficutl trails they will limit the number of rigs on it just to save time. The easier trails usually will have 30-40 people on them, but they aren't much more difficult than a gravel road. They do this so that everyone can be doen about the same time, and not still be on the trail at 8pm.
I know a couple of years ago, I chose a difficutl trail. After showing up for the event, I backed out of it (didn't want to do it in the mud) and chose a simplier trail. They had openings for the easier one, so it was not a big deal for me to join them. There were also some that didn't pre-register and just showed up and wanted to run the difficult trail I backed out on. It was full, but my backing out opened it up for one of them to go. Even after limiting it to 10? rigs, they were still out there until 8pm? or so (lots of carnage).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sounds like they changed the process since last year then. Thanks for the info.

That pretty much always been the idea... that being said if you show up and want to run something else, we are more than accomodating. The only issue is if the trail is full (be it a BLM/FS limit or a trail leader decision). Lately some of our rides have been full.

Also, especially with Richfield... your not really going to get a feel for the trail until you are on it... they are all outside of town. I would recommend asking about the trails you are considering, either here on RME or to the folks in Richfield :D

Seth

These go to 11
Does anyone know if when you register if you are locked in on the trail you selected? I would like to wait until I am there to select a trail. That way I can maybe ask and see what trail would be good for me to see some good views?

Most of the trails were run last year as well. So you can just post a new thread and ask for input. If that doesn't get you enough info I am sure Nat down in Richfield can give you the skinny. If you need his number pm me.

I guess I'm in! What is the sawdust trail like? 4.5+, is it pretty much a buggy only trail?

Good question. I don't think this one was on last years roster.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Good question. I don't think this one was on last years roster.

At the U4 meeting they were talking like it is more of an obstacle type of area at the base of a canyon rather than an actual trail. Maybe someone else can chime in, but that is what I gathered.

Yes, Crazy 8 is a trail. It was a monster last year, as almost every rig broke something. Seth can tell you more about it, he was with the group who went on Crazy 8.

Seth

These go to 11
[YOUTUBE]mrkoTdkFenA[/YOUTUBE]

It was a fun trail up a wash. Plenty of ledges and waterfalls. Tallest ledge was about 5 1/2 ft. You come in on an angle and have one shot at it. I had great traction but my foot either slid off the gas or bumped the break ever so slightly and then I was ska-rooed.. I tried the more gas approach and shattered my short side shaft. There are a couple of optional climbs that looks very technical. It is kinda like Chanisaw but the ledges are larger. The only footage I took was of the first boulder climb. That is your highest likelihood for body damage.

Second outcrop
CRW_4667.jpg

First boulders
CRW_4681.jpg

Dean walked this ledge and made us all look stupid
CRW_4743.jpg

Another of the approach on this off axis ledge
CRW_4756.jpg