UROC in Newsweek

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Cool
nice article, but
I have to call bullshit on the part about there only being $5000 of freebees in Jordans rig. I don't know anything about it but seems like he'd be getting a lot of Free parts and more.

Caleb

bobdog said:
Cool
nice article, but
I have to call bullshit on the part about there only being $5000 of freebees in Jordans rig. I don't know anything about it but seems like he'd be getting a lot of Free parts and more.

I'm sure its more than $5k BUT I will say he prolly has the fewest sponsors of any top competitor...tires (BFG) and twisted customs are his biggest sponsors (dont know the details on the chassis, sponsored or bought?) his axles are all JY built axles (or used to be) he has a JY 4.3L (or used to)...these are some of the reasons I actually like to watch him, he's easier to relate to than some of the blingin high dollar guys.

its cool that we are starting to get some pretty big spots in national news:cool:

another thing I think is funny is I have NEVER heard anyone refer to him as "Hollywood" or "The Steel-Horse Cowboy" :D

Bart

Ummmm, you have to look deeper than sponsors giving Tracy parts. I don't know any details for sure, but I've heard this happening with other competitors, so I'd venture to say it's prolly true with Tracy also. Sponsors have been known to give their main drivers an annual budget. One I heard of a while ago was $50,000, one sponsor, one driver. So, even though teams aren't getting lots of donated parts, there are other ways of getting funding. Also, know that even if Tracy is paying for some parts, he's getting a competitor discount.
On another note, Tracy is cleaning up on contingencies, the money doled out by equipment sponsors if a team is either running their parts, their stickers, or both and finishing in the top 3.
Please don't take this wrong. I'm not trying to take anything away from Tracy, in fact just the oposite. He's one of the best drivers there is and he deserves everything he gets.
Bart