UROC- tech inspection ?'s

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Do I lose my entry fee if my rig doesn't pass the tech inspection??

How harsh are they on a little oil seepage-(wipes off, but it comes back in an hour or so)??

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by OCNORB
Do I lose my entry fee if my rig doesn't pass the tech inspection??

How harsh are they on a little oil seepage-(wipes off, but it comes back in an hour or so)??

I wouldn't think that would be a severe penalty. if it drips on the course, don't be surprised if you are asked to clean it up.....got kitty litter? what fluid type is it from what area? you don't think they expect complete airtight rigs all around do you? I am sure they discourage mobile-exxon-valdez makers but a drip every hour or so is no biggy.

Caleb

I think for the most part if it is as small as you describe it they will let you slide...like spence said whats leaking...why dont you fix it??? Just curious, I'm not saying I'm any better just wondering...I didn't say this but if it is as small as you say then why not wipe it off right before inspections and they will never know its there...I know I have seen people leaking small amounts on the course and (especially if it gas since it evaporates) we will usually just give them a heads up...if you get the wrong judge though and you leak they can penalize you...I think most judges for UROC go by the same guidlines as I do...

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
If you don't pass the money will "rollover" to the next comp. As far as leaks if it is as small as you say you will be fine. Just try to get it fixed, i'd say half of the rigs that came through my obstacle at supercrawl had a little leak of some sort, but the possibility of being penalized for it is there.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I have fixed the leaks, but it seems like they come back after any good wheelin- mostly its coming from the oil pressure sending unit, which is in a PITA place on my rig. The power steering line also seems to loosen up off-road. If I wash the undercarriage I don't see any build up for a day or two- I was just curious how far they took this rule. Thanks for your answers!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You'll be fine. Make sure your battery has an over the top clamp type mount. The foot ones won't pass. Make sure you have a non spillable battery. Um, you'll need sheetmetal or expanded steel over your head (and your spotter's). You'll also need some sort of kill switch (there's a lot of confusion on this rule, so they may not require it this time, but come prepared). Bring a grabage bag, gloves, and two DOT approved helmets. I'm sure there's more...

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
Since you guys are here where do i get a rollover valve and where does it go? What about doors or netting is that required this year? Thanks for the help.

Caleb

go to www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com pr any other race parts site and search for rollover valve and you will find them...I suggest using summit if possible, they have great service and very quick delivery...for the last three weeks I have ordered several hundreds of dollars of stuff each monday and it always arrives on tuesday using their free ground shipping...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by pumpkinbronc
Since you guys are here where do i get a rollover valve and where does it go? What about doors or netting is that required this year? Thanks for the help.

The uroc rules actually have a diagram of one suggested way to install the rollover valve. This is the image from the site. Don't know how much it will help, but hey, thought I'd share!

Attachments

• rulesdiagrama_small.jpeg
    rulesdiagrama_small.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 69

Caleb

I guess I said that wrong...it goes in the vent line to prevent fuel from coming out of the vent line if you roll...

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Originally posted by pumpkinbronc
Alrighty thanks for the input, what do ya know about the doors or netting is this mandatory in Legends
:confused:

It is going to be mandatory at tech to run your stock doors or have something to keep your feet and arms inside in case of rollover. how long have you lived in st george???

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You don't need doors or net. Just buid a bar into the cage that goes from your main hoop at about shoulder height down to your front bar. I will prolly make mine bolt on so I can remove it when I dont want it.