USA-ALL drops Suit

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If the suit was dropped, the hopefully things are being worked out. It could be good, or it could be bad.

It just really gets to me though... two years ago when this all started happening I was down on the Swell driving on a few of the main access trails and came across so many signs claiming that the area was wilderness. I looked around the sign and what did I see? A road that has been there longer than the people who decided to close it. :mad2:

JeeperG

http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jun/06082004/utah/173634.asp

"USA-ALL's lawsuit claimed that the county and state, in agreeing to the BLM's closures, "wrongly failed" to assert ownership to so-called "RS 2477 highways" in the San Rafael Swell.

RS 2477 is a 19th-century law that granted states and counties the right to construct roads across federal lands. The law was repealed in 1976, but roads created up to that time were valid.

The problem, though, is that there was no inventory of such routes, so today there is considerable dispute over what constitutes an RS 2477 road"

:-\

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As a board member of USA-All I can tell you that its good that the suit was dropped. The reason as to why are considered 'confidential' per the courts. So be happy people :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
SRN said:
As a board member of USA-All I can tell you that its good that the suit was dropped. The reason as to why are considered 'confidential' per the courts. So be happy people :D

:D = Greg being happy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
SRN said:

That is exactly what I was thinking / hoping. Thanks man. :)