Used shipping containers..?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Mobile Mod was who we used. Located in salt lake and they have a bunch of ads on ksl. Easy to find. I can forward an email of the guy I worked with.

Corban_White

Just got a quote back from these guys that I found on KSL:

They were pretty cheap and sent a ton of pictures and a very detailed email.

They come with additional features :
- Forklift Pockets
- Lock Boxes
- Treated anti slip flooring
- High locking rods
-Coming with their CSC plates.
-Discount if you buy more than one.

Price New 45ft High Cube: $2500
Price Used 45ft High Cube: $2100
Price New 45ft: $1900
Price Used 45ft: $1600
Price New 40ft High Cube: $1900
Price Used 40ft High Cube: $1700
Price New 40ft: $1600
Price Used 40ft: $1300
Price New 20ft High Cube: $1550
Price Used 20ft High Cube: $1350

Price New 20ft: $1300
Price Used 20ft: $1000
Price New 10ft High Cube: $1200
Price Used 10ft High Cube: $1100
Price New 10ft: $1000
Price Used 10ft: $700

Last edited:

Corban_White

Disclaimer, I have only seen their KSL ad, website and an email. It may be a scam or it may be a great deal, I don't know. I would definitely want to be there to pick up my own container before handing over any money.

Corban_White

Upon closer web searching, I'm only 50% confident that it's a real business and not a scam. :( I guess when I get ready to purchase I will have to find out.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Maybe ask if you can pick up in Cedar City or if they have a local phone number. The thing that makes me question is that they have 2 locations, Cedar and Detroit, but their phone number is out of North Carolina. Oh, and the only 2 businesses I find listed at that location are Bway Corp and North American Packaging. I would love for it to be an actual real business though.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
In looking this spring for a 20’ I found I would be around $2500 delivers to spanish fork for a used but water tight container... I called a lot of people and that was about what they were, a 45’ wasn’t much more money.

muleskinner

Maybe ask if you can pick up in Cedar City or if they have a local phone number. The thing that makes me question is that they have 2 locations, Cedar and Detroit, but their phone number is out of North Carolina. Oh, and the only 2 businesses I find listed at that location are Bway Corp and North American Packaging. I would love for it to be an actual real business though.
Bway is a local company that makes plastic buckets here in Cedar. Not sure what North American Packaging is. Sounds like a scam? I'd buy another 40 footer or two at that price!

Paul R

I always worry about the longevity of containers, I've seen some where they start rusting through the roofs and moisture gets places it shouldn't. Do any of you plan to treat your roofs with a protectant coating or rubber membrane?

We typically buy one-trip containers or refurb containers from auctions from time to time for storage space. I haven't seen many issues with the rust on the nicer, less-used units. We have been using it stationary for around 15 years and it still works great. The more trips they take the worse they are. If you buy a well used one, I would definitely plan on treating it somehow.