Used Wedding Rings...

Clutch

I didn't want to hyjack the wedding ring thread, so here is my question?
I have a men's wedding band and a women's setting (from a previous marriage) I would like to get sell.
But...........Is it tacky to sell "Used" jewlery? The stores will only give you the value of the gold which is a JOKE!. I spent 1200 on these rings, not including the diamond. (i did sell the diamond) Anyway, I would like to sell them, but not sure what anyone thinks about buying "used" gold.
I would sell both for cheap.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Clutch said:
I didn't want to hyjack the wedding ring thread, so here is my question?
I have a men's wedding band and a women's setting (from a previous marriage) I would like to get sell.
But...........Is it tacky to sell "Used" jewlery? The stores will only give you the value of the gold which is a JOKE!. I spent 1200 on these rings, not including the diamond. (i did sell the diamond) Anyway, I would like to sell them, but not sure what anyone thinks about buying "used" gold.
I would sell both for cheap.

Diamond is the only thing worth selling. Most places will jut melt down the gold and use it to make something else....Pawn shops may buy them, but won't give you anything for them....

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I took my old ring and my new ring and melted them down to make a new ring. Now my ring is much thicker and should last longer.

Nobody would give me squat for the old one.... worked for me.. :)

cruiserkitten70

Put it on E-bay. I dont know if you have looked but there are a ton of wedding rings on e-bay. I bet you could get more from there then a pawn shop or something. We took my husbands old set in to a pawn shop, they told us they will give you about 1/3 of what they can sell it for.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I'm using my rings from previous marriages to make a bling tow chain...

almost have enough now. :D

Clutch

It kills me to think what I paid for them and they are only worth 30-50 in gold. I did sell the diamond quicky, sold in a week at a dealer. Bought my AR-15 with it :greg:

Maybe melting them down and making something else is the best deal.