Utah county fine off-roaders?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I just saw this in the paper and thought you guy's would be interested in it even though it just talkes about 4 wheelers it dose talk about 5 mile and AF canyon. the replys at the bottom are prety good kind of funny.Daily Herald link.

Kris

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
sounds like a good idea. If you go where you are not supposed to you get a ticket....sounds completely logical. The amount SHOULD NOT MATTER. The mere thought of getting ticketed should be enough to deter people.

in short....make damned sure you are allowed to wheel where you wheel or pay the consequences. Ignorance is no longer an option. :D

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Give them a inch and they take a AF and 5 mile.

They mit as well close them they'll just leave teh paved road open thats what they did around here/

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
that is not what I gathered at all...they are just imposing a fine if you are in an area that is either private or protected. you can still drive on all the trails in AF and 5-mile....just a bigger fine if you stray.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I understand what your saying it is a good idea but there are so many places up there and all around they need to go and mark the places closed it just seemed that if they let them close a little this year then next year a little more and so on?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
I understand what your saying it is a good idea but there are so many places up there and all around they need to go and mark the places closed it just seemed that if they let them close a little this year then next year a little more and so on?

what they have the ability to legally do is close the trails that are SUPPOSED to be close that we are still driving on. They cant just close trails propriatarily, they have to have a good reason.