Utah laws and out of state vehicles

Belly Dragger

Just so you guys know,

I've been making some headway with the Utah DMV regarding ticketing out of state vehicles for Utah specific registration laws. Basically I've researched the Utah Constitution, vehcile laws and Utah Vehcile Code and have found references to the fact that citing a non resident (Utah) for equipment violations such as fender, flares, mudflaps and lift is non-constitutional and there is provisions in the vehicle code that refernce this specifically.

However as you and I know, it won't stop a cop from pulling you over but if you reference the vehicle code where it denotes that out of state vehicles are exempt most officers will say ok, thank you have a nice day. :D

But even further, there is an exempt status permit available from the DMV/Public Safety that is essentially a "get out of jail free" card!

I have requested mine, I'll let you know when I get it.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
This is cool info to have. It'll definatly be good to pass on to my out of state buddies who come in to compete in UROC or just to have fun at Moab.

Thanks for doing the legwork on this and passing the info out!

So - how does one go about requesting the "get out of jail free" card? I'd like to send that info out before EJS this year.

Scott