Utah Trailer Laws?

ryan31783

Drunken Monkey
My dad built a trailer out of a 50's Chevy Longbed back in the day. It hasn't been licenced since it was made a trailer. I was wondering what the current laws are regarding trailers. I'd like to leave it unlicensed since I only used it for haulin stuff to the dump, and I may use it to take parts up to SLC next weekend.

thanks

Broncoman

trailer laws

I haven't looked in a few years but the last time I looked a trailer needed to be registered if it was over 750 lbs .. when I was a member of the law enforcement community the general rule of thumb was single axle no, more axles yes.

ryan31783

Drunken Monkey
James K said:
link no work

nope, I looked it up and it said:

(2) Registration under this chapter is not required for any:
(h) trailer of 750 pounds or less unladen weight and not designed, used, and maintained for hire for the transportation of property or person

thanks guys ...it's a single axle

Caleb

Hickey said:
That's it. I will build my single axle trailer for my rig. Anyone got any dually rims? :cool:

:cool:
scorphauler1.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
supergper said:
I ran into a guy on Upper Hell with one of those trailers. He said he builds them and he could hook me up for about 3200 bucks :eek: It was nice.... but not THAT nice. I figured I could trow a 14 bolt down and weld up some shizzle for just a bit less than that. I wonder if I could get away with out using springs on it? The buggy's suspension would absorb most of the jarring. Maybe just isolate the axle with rubberized mounts. Just thinking out loud here folks. I always wanted to build a single axle trailer for a Rock rig. :cool: