Other Region Utah Ultimate Adventure

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So I had this thought late last night... it's a blatant ripoff of Petersons Offroad Ultimate Adventure. I was thinking it would be fun to put together a RME-hosted Utah Ultimate Adventure, make it a 4 day event with a lot of dirt road and 4x4 trail adventure thru the state of Utah. I'd keep it to no more than than 6-8 rigs total, must be self-supporting, reliable, capable and willing to deal with the good & bad of what would probably be an epic adventure. Camping along the way, long days on the trail and road. Route TBD.

I figure Fall, perhaps over Labor Day weekend.... this time of year would be great in the desert and mountains. It would be nice to do this over 4-5 days. I'm sure there are hundreds of possible routes, hitting the mountains and deserts all along the way to mix it up. It would be fun to find some pretty challenging river/creek crossings, remote places plus a few of Utah's well-known 4x4 trails.

Obviously the planning and logistics would be pretty daunting, but I think the outcome would be a ton of fun!

Any thoughts? Who wants to participate?!

Greg

Admin
Possible with a full size pickup?

Possibly, all depends on the trails. Ideally, what I'd like to do is combine harder & more difficult trails with lots of backroad driving in between, much like the real Ultimate Adventure. I would suggest a minimum of 35" tires, 2 lockers and a winch.... so not ideal for mildy built 4x4's.

You need a built JK! ;)

DaveN

Um, yes. Sounds awesome...let me know if there is anything I can do to help plan or anything :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Greg

Admin
Um, yes. Sounds awesome...let me know if there is anything I can do to help plan or anything :)

I'd like to use this thread to hash out the details, so feel free to contribute and add ideas!

I'd love to, but you lost me at 35's and 2 lockers. I'd be down if it was 33's and 1 locker.

That's the hard part, making everyone happy with minimum requirements. For those familiar with Ultimate Adventure they have incredibly built rigs (some are border-line buggy's) and they hop around from one incredibly hard trail to another, road tripping along the way. I would like to use my JKU as the minimum base example for such a trip. I'd like to do something like run some of the harder trails in Sand Hollow (within reason for 4x4's loaded with camping gear), then hit the road and drive to the Grand Staircase Escalante NP, find our way over to Left Hand Collett and Escalante, then roadtripping to another challenging trail system.

I'd want to combine challenging rock crawling with back country driving, camping and exploring.... and do this yearly, make it a annual event that covers different parts of Utah each year.

It's possible that we could do a harder RME Ultimate Adventure one year, then an easier one for guys like you with 33's and one locker the next year...

Greg

Admin
So Labor Day weekend is the first weekend in Sept.... it would still be pretty warm in the desert. Would it be better to go for late Sept? I'd want to do this when the desert wasn't too hot, but the mountains were still accessible.

Greg

Admin
I'm interested, I'll go buy a winch and I'm ready. I will throw some dirt inside of it so you don't give me a hard time for it being too clean.

:rofl:

I'm hoping that we can put together a trip/adventure that will REQUIRE winching... I want to avoid body damage of course. But I would want it to be a challenge, in parts, for 4x4's on 35's and with lockers F & R.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I thought all you guy's were afraid of mud.
[emoji12]

Except DaveN, I know he's down for getting stuck.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RockChucker

Sounds like fun! Is my rig built enough? :greg: but really the roads would be a bigger challenge in my rig. Haha. Unfortunately I don't have the vacation days left this year to make this work. But definitely would plan on next year

DAA

Sounds like too much fun! Fall time frame is no go for me, have plans for just about every weekend already made and it's like that every fall and winter. I'll enjoy watching it unfold and reading the threads though!

- DAA

Pike2350

I think this is an awesome idea. I've found myself in sort of a funk with 4wheeling. I've noticed my tastes rest in the middle of what seems to be the 2 popular trends lately. Overlanding & buggies. I love the idea of overlanding, but find myself missing the challenge in a lot of it (not that I've done a lot). Buggies, while I admire the fab and builds, it's just not my cup of tea. I've find myself wanting something just like this. Something that has aspects of overlanding, but challenge. I'm still a novice when it comes to really hard trails...and part of that is I don't have people to wheel with that run the harder trails in full bodied rigs. I want to keep mine street 'legal', full bodied, and a relatively body damage free. I also want it comfortable to drive on the highway....which lately it seems the buggies/extreme stuff or more mild overlanding is most popular right now.

I would suggest that each vehicle be 'legal' in that it should be able to be registered in Utah. I guess it wouldn't really matter too much as long as the vehicle could be comfortable enough to be self supported and drive longer distances for each driver.