UTV Belts

rholbrook

I am new to the UTV world, in particular, a 2021 Polaris RZR Pro XP 4 Sport. I didn't know if I would take to this thing so I got the Sport model instead of the really expensive all loaded up one. Either way, its time to accessorize it and holy hell, its like accessorizing a Jeep.

I am looking for the best belt for this thing since I am sure they will be burned up. While on the subject of parts, anyone around here make roofs and back windows for them locally?

I ordered it last August being told it would be in by the end of October, well.... it showed up 2 weeks ago. I took it out for a few minutes and found out it is stupid fast. Can you get a special key for them that will knock some power out of it? Makes me nervous to let me two boys have at it. They are too much like their dad was. I know nothing about these things.

Thanks

rzr.jpg

lhracing

Belt, get a Polaris

For belt life when driving under 25-30 use low range. Also don't ease into the throttle when starting out, give it a little blurb to engage the clutch and start you moving.

I put 2600 miles on my first xp-1000 rzr and it still had the original belt.

Last edited:

rholbrook

Has anyone used a GBoost Worlds Best? I have a friend that races Rzrs and he has an obscene amount of money in his race Rzr. He swears by the GBoost. Anyone with experience with these?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I prefer OEM belts. the key to long belt life is using Low range when your average speed is going to be between 10-15 mph. Heat kills belts