UTV Winches

rholbrook

I am in the market for a UTV Winch. Who has them and what do you have? I have always had Warn winches. Does anyone have anything other than Warn and are you happy with them. My BIL has a Superwinch and it worked last fall when we needed it. It was his first time using it. Kinda like the idea of a wireless controller option as well as a cabled option and dash switch option. Any suggestions?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have a Polaris winch on one RZR, seems fine. Also have a HF with wireless on my snowplow, it's been good.

Neither of those do I ever anticipate needing to bet my life on though.

Coco

I have a Warn on my X3 that I will be saving for the next machine, been really happy with it. My old X3 (RC) had a winch come with it stock, I believe it was the Superwinch? It worked great as well.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I have the Viper Elite 4000 on the two door, and the 4500 on the four door. They’re 7 years old now, and still going strong. The 4000 has mostly been for pulling the 4 door out because they high center on everything. The 4500 has mostly been used to pull me back onto four wheels, because I like to try stupid shit.

Both of mine are wireless, but I hard wired rocker switches into the dash because when you need it most your remote battery will be dead. I have no idea where my remote even is now.

rholbrook

I have the Viper Elite 4000 on the two door, and the 4500 on the four door. They’re 7 years old now, and still going strong. The 4000 has mostly been for pulling the 4 door out because they high center on everything. The 4500 has mostly been used to pull me back onto four wheels, because I like to try stupid shit.

Both of mine are wireless, but I hard wired rocker switches into the dash because when you need it most your remote battery will be dead. I have no idea where my remote even is now.
I keep looking at the Viper. I am really struggling to try something other than Warn. I just want to know it will work when I need it I’m going to see what their warranty is. My understanding is even the Warn UTV winches are built in China just like everything else

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
We have the 4500lb KFI units on our Teryx4's. They have been reliable. Slow and noisy but work every time and pull as hard as the little SXS battery will let them.

I wired in the dash switch for plowing and have the wired remote stowed in the glove box for backup.

I had a difficult time straying from Warn but didn't find much evidence to justify the price difference.

I'm looking for a winch for the 570 RZR.