Van conversation

Jesser04

I’m ready for a newer van to build out. Would prefer a Chevy Express with an LS based engine but open. If anyone see any decent deals that aren’t on KSL It would be greatly appreciated if you passed it along my way.
There is a guy that in bountiful just off 5th south on the east side of the freeway that sales them pretty reasonable.

J-mobzz

So the new van shares the same torsion bar suspension as the 99-06 trucks. Looks like lots of 2” keys available some advertising 3”. I’m guessing pushing the 3” mark is bad on ball joints and possibly cv axles? Anyone have feedback on this? We would like to fit a 285 tire while avoiding a drop bracket lift kit.

J-mobzz

Vanpartment 2.0 has gotten some good use this summer and the inside is pretty done. I’ve added an auxiliary diesel heater, electrical system, fridge. Bed, storage but is about to undergo some upgrades.
High top salvaged from recycling yard
2-3” suspension lift
1-1.5” body lift. I’ll see what I need after the suspension is done.
285-70-17 shoes
Custom rock sliders and bumpers
And I’ll be swapping the awd tcase for a Silverado 241 flavor with 4 low.
Swivel seat on passenger seat
I put in new carpet when I first bought it but will be swapping it out for some laminate flooring also.
B70694C9-DDEB-4AE0-B65F-83F5ABB99741.jpeg55101EC3-7FBD-4483-BF1D-B92D07DB8750.jpeg961D8103-7B03-43AA-AE99-7E5145991F4B.jpeg

J-mobzz

Tonkaman

J-mobzz

Yeah the Chinese ones aren’t expensive. They put out a ton of heat too. When I go up snowboarding I’ll just leave it on low all day and walk into a warm van anytime I’m ready for a beer or lunch. They are much cheaper to run than a propane rv style furnace too.