Van conversation

J-mobzz

So this thing has basically turned into a dd. Any time my boys are with me we take the van. They love it. I need to do a bike rack as having 3 bmx bikes inside is getting old but we also enjoy having bikes everywhere we go. I have to admit I really dig driving it and love that we do random bike adventures all over when we go places.

Unfortunately I had a pretty bad interaction with highway patrol today. I wish this was a joke but I was stopped and detained in his car while he questioned my kids. Talking to them after it was clear he thought they didn’t belong to me and possibly kidnapped. We had a long conversation in his car while he was trying to convince me he could legally enter my vehicle. And it ended with me saying you do what ever you want but YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO ENTER MY VEHICLE, SEARCH MY VEHICLE or ANYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH MY VEHICLE.

He claims to of pulled me over because the kids weren’t wearing seatbelts. The kids were wearing seatbelts. When I told him they were wearing seatbelts and have been the entire time he said that he needed to enter the vehicle to verify that. I said you can verify it through a window and he informed me that my windows were too tinted to do that. When I asked how he could reasonably justify a traffic stop saying that my kids are not wearing seatbelts when my windows are too tinted for him to even see through to verify they have seatbelts on while it’s parked. That’s when he change the subject and I brought up that this was a bullshit traffic stop.

After interrogating my children through the window he came back and apologized for the misunderstanding and literally tried to shake my hand.

Nope sorry officer you don’t get to illegally stop me illegally detained me, interrogate my children without a guardian or lawyer present and then ask to shake my hand when you can’t write me a ticket for anything.

I get that it’s a holiday weekend and cops are looking for stuff . I didn’t have an ounce of alcohol in me I was not speeding my phone was not anywhere near my possession for text messaging or other purposes. My registration drivers license and insurance is all current. Literally the most bull crap traffic stop I’ve ever seen.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I am curious about the BS traffic stop. Other than obviously driving a rape van, :D are there any other reasons he might have profiled you as someone shady who might be endangering the kids?

Not trying to imply anything--just wondering. Trying to see things from the officer's perspective. (which I don't fully know, and that's not a job I'd ever want to tackle)

J-mobzz

I am curious about the BS traffic stop. Other than obviously driving a rape van, :D are there any other reasons he might have profiled you as someone shady who might be endangering the kids?

Not trying to imply anything--just wondering. Trying to see things from the officer's perspective. (which I don't fully know, and that's not a job I'd ever want to tackle)
I’m tatted like I don’t need jobs And we had just finished swimming and I didn’t have a shirt on.
Honestly I had Cruze at 65 in the slow lane jammin some music.

J-mobzz

Honestly I bet looking at the vehicle and myself he was looking for an insurance violation or something along those lines when he first pulled me over. What was the swing with the kids I’m not sure. But he did have me exit the vehicle really quickly. First question when I was out was who’s kids are those? And I was hesitant to answer any questions as I normally won’t to cops but I did tell him they are mine along with ages and first names.

J-mobzz

Okay so after talking to a friend about this he shed a new opinion on what the cops mind set may have been. So he was following me for more than a minute on the freeway. I went to exit because it was my exit to my dads house where we were headed. The cop probably thought I was exiting to get away from him and after pulling me over and seeing all my paperwork was in order came up with other reasons why I would be trying to get away. Idk for sure like I said it seemed the swing to the kids was fast but either way was a pretty crappy situation all around.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That's ****ed up. Really ****ed up. Yes you have a lot of tattoos, but they are not shitty cheap tattoos. They are tattoos that only a person who makes a good living can afford. **** that ****ing ****. :mad:

J-mobzz

That's ****ed up. Really ****ed up. Yes you have a lot of tattoos, but they are not shitty cheap tattoos. They are tattoos that only a person who makes a good living can afford. **** that ****ing ****. :mad:

Yeah I’m over it. I don’t know if having tattoos has anything to do with it or not. It’s always on my mind how it can effect the way people see me. Last week I was in Florida for a work convention and it’s the one time during the year I actually see my co workers as we are spread out across North America. This year the got us all matching polo shirts and I’ve never worn short sleeves around anyone including my ceo that I report directly to. Before the show I sent her an email letting her know I’m very covered in tattoos and asked if she wanted me to wear long sleeve undershirt. She replied no and even made a point at the sales team dinner to stand up and let everyone one know she doesn’t give a **** what we look like that’s not why we got hired or would ever be fired. That was definitely a relief. I’m hitting my first 9am appointment today without long sleeves and it feels weird.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I was pulled over 2 nights in a row for a stupid license plate light in my 98 z28 Camaro. I was on call at the hospital and both were around 2 am. I know they were just looking for something else. It bull crap when they do that stuff. The second time I was on my way 2 the hospital and basically called him out on it (different officer same city) He quickly let me go as I was on my way to a pt that was having a heart attack. I am a RN.
I am loving the van and the time and memories you are making with your children.

4x4_Welder

I'm usually heading home between 2:30 and 4:30 am, I'm surprised I haven't had any real interactions with police here. Even driving a red Italian sports car, nothing. Once my truck is up and running, though, all bets are off.

Jesser04

You’re driving around a molester van fully equipped with a bed and Xbox to lure the kiddies in and you’re upset you got profiled as a molester? :rofl:

All joking aside some cops suck and are on a power trip but I still believe 90% good guys just trying to do their job and make a living to provide for their family.

J-mobzz

For the record I didn’t get the power trip vibe from this guy. I posted a rant about window tint ticket that guy was a power trip A hole. I mean I hate the idea of getting profiled but I understand it. I really wish I wasn’t so upset at the time because I would have liked to ask why he thought the boys didn’t belong to me

Jesser04

@J-mobzz does you van have the vent on the floor for fresh air? If it does the slider to open it is to the left of pedal for the parking brake. It’s pretty awesome if this van had the high beam floor clicker I’d be in heaven.

J-mobzz

@J-mobzz does you van have the vent on the floor for fresh air? If it does the slider to open it is to the left of pedal for the parking brake. It’s pretty awesome if this van had the high beam floor clicker I’d be in heaven.

It’s doest have any of that. 94 is the year or close to it where the body style was changed for crash ratings. It does have wing windows that I’ve missed since my square body Chevy days.

J-mobzz

We made a drive in movie run in the old beater last night. This thing sure has been a ton of fun.

We are enjoying it enough and it runs good enough I’m thinking about doing some exterior upgrades. Something like some front and rear prerunner bumpers, some rear quarter panel trimming and maybe a bed liner paint job.