Van conversation

Tonkaman

There are a ton of companies that make swivel bases. They come in all heights and sizes so it would take a little homework to find a direct bolt up fit. Many swivels are made for applications such as fishing boats, but I’m not sure how they would perform in a collision.

J-mobzz

There are a ton of companies that make swivel bases. They come in all heights and sizes so it would take a little homework to find a direct bolt up fit. Many swivels are made for applications such as fishing boats, but I’m not sure how they would perform in a collision.
Yeah I can’t find any that are a direct fit in the fishing boat ones don’t look like something I want to be sitting in during a crash But it seems like the universal ones are $200 to $300 So if I could find some OEM ones are wrecking yard I’m gonna have to make adapters either way

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Just popping in to say how cool of your CEO to have your back like that and reassure your cohorts that ya'll can be you. A lot of CEO types seem to lose sight of the importance of individual personalities.

Rad van build and I sort wish you were my dad. lol

J-mobzz

So I haven’t updated this in a bit. I did go pull a rotating base from a recycling yard for $15 and had to weld up some adapters to make it work but it’s been really nice having it. The amount of use this thing gets is awesome. My boys still love it and we’ve had more spontaneous adventures in this thing then ever before. I also really dig it. I’ve taken it to concerts downtown, Octoberfest and several other places and it’s game changer in the drinking responsibly game. Just throw on Netflix and crash till you’re good to go. Having the fridge is awesome for leftovers after you eat out where I normally wouldn’t take them because I’ll be gone all day.

Best part is hearing all the comments as people walk by. Dude look at that raper van. And stuff like that. My girlfriend says I need a sticker for the back window that’s says “This is a consensual only van” but I personally love the comments and judgment.
6507FFB1-9CA2-45DD-945E-E832B1B88A8E.png

Also small update the cheap boss deck I bought has proven to be underpowered for the 6x9 speakers and also the display intermittently stops working so it’s in the list for upgrades. Anyone have a suggestion for a sub $200 car stereo that won’t need an external amp for some decent 6x9 speakers?

The other thing I get asked a lot is how much am I into it? Answer don’t know and don’t care. If I totaled it all up and it was $5grand or $10grand wouldn’t make a difference at this point it’s been nothing but fun to build and use with my kids. And zero regrets doing it.

Last edited:

J-mobzz

Well took the van now known as vanpartment on a 1300 mile road trip thrip this weekend to see a concert in 3 cities. What a blast! Had a few electrical problems along the way with the van not the aux electrical system but luckily I had the tools with we needed to get it fixed in the Boise planet fitness parking lot post shower.
Im really tempted to to a newer mini van build out right now. Time will tell.

Last edited:

J-mobzz

She’s multi talented. After riding last weekend my neighbor came over to make sure I didn’t kidnap my cousin. “You know because Of the van.” Hahaha I’m so glad my van gives boring people the ability to crack jokes. The cool people are easy to find they pull up and ask if I have a YouTube channel. Sorry folks not doing it for the gram just living my best life.
27FCF9FE-7CB6-447B-988B-EB76470D7E2E.jpeg

J-mobzz

Looks like pretty good early season coverage.

I have never been to Snowbasin, I should go someday

this is my first season here and I went all in with season pass. I did a few days at Brighton before Snowbasin opened and so far the snow hasn’t been great at basin but it’s still early.

J-mobzz

Small update-We have put some serious miles on this old girl over the past month. I added a diesel fuel heater a while back. Did a water pump and some other mechanical work including some sensors and other needed repairs but it has been super reliable for the 7k miles I put on it last year.
I hope to get started on some cosmetic upgrades to the outside soon. I have tinted raptor liner for the exterior that matches the factory grey. I would like to build some tube prerunner style bumpers and a roof rack. But we have been having to much. Fun using it to want to spend free time working on it.
94ABC3BB-323D-41EA-A3AB-CFA505C703DE.jpeg
407A02F2-6562-4EC8-B746-E106D2E69C58.jpeg
8DECFCA9-F1A1-40EB-A0E1-71C4EE2C62DF.jpeg

Jesser04

I put 40k on my 1994 b250 the last 12 months it has 160k at the moment. I’ve done front brakes/wheel bearings, starter and wiper motor in the last 3 months other than that it’s been awesome. Lately it takes 2-3 seconds of cranking to start when it’s warm one of these days I’ll look into it.