van tow rig?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
xj_punk said:
....lets face it, vans are way cooler....

Try explaining that to your girlfriends Dad!

"Son, why is there a mattress in the back of your Van?"

I had a friend in High School that had a mattress in the back of his Van.... :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Greg said:
Try explaining that to your girlfriends Dad!

"Son, why is there a mattress in the back of your Van?"

I had a friend in High School that had a mattress in the back of his Van.... :rofl:
"If the Van is rockin' don't come knockin'" :rofl:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
they make stroker vans??? no way!!! thats like a dream come true... love at first sight... the ultimate vehicle!!!
i saw a huge e350 a while ago that was 4wd and had some sweet bumbers on it trailready or something and it was lifted with like 33's... it was badass to say the least, it also had a sweet basket on top like i want.

where can i get a ps van? i have never seen one, but i found out there are a lot of natural gas ones out there :ugh:
also, is it possible to get a 4wd with strait axle or is that a custom thing?

yeah my girlfriend's dad would love it if i had the mattress in the back... eeek he would probably shoot me if he found out. just imagine this, "Honey why is rachel's car still here, and is that nates new van parked in front of the house???"

a van would be cool cause i could sticker the crap out of it and build cool stuff for it!

4thefamily

xj_punk said:
they make stroker vans??? no way!!! thats like a dream come true... love at first sight... the ultimate vehicle!!!
i saw a huge e350 a while ago that was 4wd and had some sweet bumbers on it trailready or something and it was lifted with like 33's... it was badass to say the least, it also had a sweet basket on top like i want.

where can i get a ps van? i have never seen one, but i found out there are a lot of natural gas ones out there :ugh:
also, is it possible to get a 4wd with strait axle or is that a custom thing?

yeah my girlfriend's dad would love it if i had the mattress in the back... eeek he would probably shoot me if he found out. just imagine this, "Honey why is rachel's car still here, and is that nates new van parked in front of the house???"

a van would be cool cause i could sticker the crap out of it and build cool stuff for it!

I have got to put my .02 cents in. VANS SUCK...and yes I have one, I would sell it if I was not upside down in the f'ed up POS. Trucks keep their value tons better than a van, Plus everyone and their dog is looking to buy a used truck and the only people looking for a used van are people like my neighbors with ten kids and sicko's like you guys. Van's SUCK DON'T DO IT YOU WILL REGRET IT.

xj_punk said:

where can i get a ps van? i have never seen one, but i found out there are a lot

I was just gonna comment that my mom's company has a f*rd van with a PS in it, pretty decent balls. They use it for the carpet installer crews, it'd make a rippin' tow rig.

You just gotta decide if you wanna haul people or stuff. A van's not really a whole lot different than a burb either, just cheaper. I love my burb, but a pickup bed would be nice sometimes, rather than trashing the back of the burb. 4x4 is nice to have too, in a tow rig, especially when parking at 5MP, or retrieving a broken rig up a snowy road.

PS vans aren't that rare, they just don't have POWERSTROKE labeled all over them. A V-10 or V-8 454 van would work great too.

oh ya, and whoever bought the $400 motorhome sucks weenies, especially if it has a 454.

4thefamily said:
I have got to put my .02 cents in. VANS SUCK...and yes I have one, I would sell it if I was not upside down in the f'ed up POS. Trucks keep their value tons better than a van, Plus everyone and their dog is looking to buy a used truck and the only people looking for a used van are people like my neighbors with ten kids and sicko's like you guys. Van's SUCK DON'T DO IT YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Oh, deVil's advocate. Good points about resale. Depends on what side of the resale you are on though, bang for the buck, van's have it. My wife won't drive one though, fullsize anyway.

So, why did you buy it? What kind do you have? What's wrong with it?

grinch

inner city redneck
Maverick said:
I was just gonna comment that my mom's company has a f*rd van with a PS in it, pretty decent balls. They use it for the carpet installer crews, it'd make a rippin' tow rig.

You just gotta decide if you wanna haul people or stuff. A van's not really a whole lot different than a burb either, just cheaper. I love my burb, but a pickup bed would be nice sometimes, rather than trashing the back of the burb. 4x4 is nice to have too, in a tow rig, especially when parking at 5MP, or retrieving a broken rig up a snowy road.

PS vans aren't that rare, they just don't have POWERSTROKE labeled all over them. A V-10 or V-8 454 van would work great too.

oh ya, and whoever bought the $400 motorhome sucks weenies, especially if it has a 454.

We used the v 10 van at my last job... We had 8 people, a trailor, and a sisorlift on the trailor going up parlys canyon... ltes just say we never went under 55 MPH that van kickd butt....

I got a Motorhome last summer 78 or so I cant rember the exact year for free :D :D :D
Thats the only thing that mad it worth it.... That 454 gets about 6 miles to the gallon when towing a jeep..... Try towing down to moab or St george a couple of times and the cost of hotel rooms starts looking alot better.....

If it were me buying a van, I wouldn't spend more than $4 K on it. I couldn't justify spending any more than that on a van. Then it would be cheap enough you wouldn't have to worry about resale, Also, if it were me, I'd just go with a 350, I know that's not a ton of towing power but it'd get you where you need to go relatively cheap. One thing though, you definitely would have to sticker the hell out of it in order to make it look cool and it couldn't be one of those rapist looking vans.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, if you get one, you gotta have a few things, so we know you are legit.

1st, you need a mural. maybe like this.
IndianGirl-Van3_298x240.JPG

Then, you gotsta have side pipes
van4.jpg

Or if you are really cool... you go this route
mysterymachine2.jpg

and last but not least, if you are the pimp of da block, wear lots of gold chains, and call every body "Sucka!"... you gotta paint it like this

van6.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
man i still want a truck... cause i thought about driving a van with the blindspots and backing up to the trailer and just plain towing, i think it would be harder than with a truck. if i had a truck it would be shell-less fo sho! maybe a tonneau top?
i will prolly finish paying off the whole jeep project in about 5-6 months and then maybe i will buy.