Vasectomy, the big V, the Snip. etc...

MattL

Yeah its probably time for me to have this talk with others that might have suggestions or who to go to.
Suggestions?
Any person worth noting to go to or not going to.

Any side effects or performance issues needing to be aware of?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Don't play soccer the day after. :eek: It actually wasn't bad during, but the next day I paid for it.

I used Dr. Brad Waterman. No complaints.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Yeah its probably time for me to have this talk with others that might have suggestions or who to go to.
Suggestions?
Any person worth noting to go to or not going to.

Any side effects or performance issues needing to be aware of?

I am also in the market ASAP.... any info is welcome info

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Insurance companies would be stupid not to cover it, getting snipped saves them thousands over you having another kid.

XJess98

My friend just had this taken care of, he suggests Dr. Michael Mangelson. I was ROTF when he told me the dr.'s name, sounds too much like "mangle some". I think the Dr.'s name makes him that much better.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I've also been thinking about it. Aren't there a few different types of procedures? Is one better than the others?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Don't play soccer the day after. :eek: It actually wasn't bad during, but the next day I paid for it.

I used Dr. Brad Waterman. No complaints.

Hey, I've been Waterman'd too. We're connected now, Carl. Did he has a creepy mustache when you visited him?

MattL

Has anybody heard of any side effects. I am being serious as one can throw out all sorts of comical jabs towards this topic.
There is a guy i knew that had to have it reversed as it was causing problems and pain and swelling did go away. fHe ought it for like 4 months before paying out of pocket for the reversal process.

skeptic

No side effects here or from anyone else I personally know that has had it done. No worries doing the deed, wife off birth control, great decision all in all.

However, during the procedure the doc was demonstrating the procedure to an intern.. "Now we go to the other side and move this nerve out of the way" BAM! He found a nerve that wasn't numb, felt like I was kicked in the stones by a horse. A quick shot of local anesthetic and all was good again.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I've also been thinking about it. Aren't there a few different types of procedures? Is one better than the others?

As far as I know, the choices are metal clamps vs sutures. My doc did both.

Only wish I'd done it two kids sooner...

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

I'm not sure what options there are...as I remember, for mine he snipped a 1/2" section out (which he showed me), cauterized the ends, tied a knot in each side. He said any one of those 3 by themselves should do the job, but doing them all would pretty much ensure no later "surprises". ;)

Hey, I've been Waterman'd too. We're connected now, Carl. Did he has a creepy mustache when you visited him?

No creepy mustache. I would have left. :D

Has anybody heard of any side effects. I am being serious as one can throw out all sorts of comical jabs towards this topic.
There is a guy i knew that had to have it reversed as it was causing problems and pain and swelling did go away. fHe ought it for like 4 months before paying out of pocket for the reversal process.

Zero. Other than the expected ache/pain for a week or so, nothing. (and mine was probably made worse due to the aforementioned soccer game. :rolleyes: )

Does anybody give any weight to the majority religion frowning heavily about this procedure?

Nope. :greg:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I dug this up during one of my 'I'm ready to get this done' times.
I gave it a lot of good thought, but determined i am in charge of me.

21.4.15Surgical Sterilization (Including Vasectomy)

The Church strongly discourages surgical sterilization as an elective form of birth control. Surgical sterilization should be considered only if (1) medical conditions seriously jeopardize life or health or (2) birth defects or serious trauma have rendered a person mentally incompetent and not responsible for his or her actions. Such conditions must be determined by competent medical judgment and in accordance with law. Even then, the persons responsible for this decision should consult with each other and with their bishop and should receive divine confirmation of their decision through prayer.